Sundown Audio

2 or 1

eric78702

Yeah def big 3 and 0 gauge with that amp. Xs power d3100 under the hood and watch your voltage and go from there

So stick with stock alt for now and upgrade later? And you mean d3100 in the back right because it's to big to fit under my hood I was thinking more like the biggest one I can fit under the hood and the d3100 in the back?

Me personally would start with a good reputable alternator and the biggest battery under the hood. Then i wouldadd batteries in the back if i had to. With a good 250 amp alt and a good xs power bat under the hood you should be ok with that amp

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Yeah def big 3 and 0 gauge with that amp. Xs power d3100 under the hood and watch your voltage and go from there

So stick with stock alt for now and upgrade later? And you mean d3100 in the back right because it's to big to fit under my hood I was thinking more like the biggest one I can fit under the hood and the d3100 in the back?

Me personally would start with a good reputable alternator and the biggest battery under the hood. Then i wouldadd batteries in the back if i had to. With a good 250 amp alt and a good xs power bat under the hood you should be ok with that amp

Do you think the 95 amp alt the biggest battery under the hood and a d3100 in the back do you think that would be okay with the saz3000 or no? Because it will take me a long while to get a ho alt.

I doubt it but you never know. I had the same amp but i had a 180A alt and batteries(d1200 and d3400 and two runs of 0 gauge and still dropped to 12s.

I doubt it but you never know. I had the same amp but i had a 180A alt and batteries(d1200 and d3400 and two runs of 0 gauge and still dropped to 12s.

Holy shit my bad my phone sent that 3 times!! Sorry. Lol

Edited by Trâgîk

Haha na it's all good. But yeah so it probably wont handle the pressure right?

That amp is a beast bro! Its been clamped at 3400 plus at just over 12 volts i think if i remember right so it draws alot of current and NEEDS the electrical to really produce and not get f'd up with low voltage or something. So i know that you paid good money for that amp so i wouldnt skimp on the rest of the install. Take your time and do it right and get the proper equiptment to keep that amp out of the repair shop and costing you more money than you wanted to spend in the first place. Thats just me. Measure twice cut once is my motto. Lol. Im sitting on two DC 3.5k amps just waiting for my alternator. i could put them in and run the risk of blowing them up but im going to be patient until i can properly supply the power they need to run safely. And im finishing my box but ill be done before my alt gets here so i just gotta wait it out as freaking hard as it is to just see your amp as a paper weight at the moment! Lol

Alt isn't a necessity, but you should do it if you have the money, if you just want to get it playing..biggest batt under hood and a 3100 in the back and your drop won't be too bad.. But your alt will be strained..

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Haha na it's all good. But yeah so it probably wont handle the pressure right?

That amp is a beast bro! Its been clamped at 3400 plus at just over 12 volts i think if i remember right so it draws alot of current and NEEDS the electrical to really produce and not get f'd up with low voltage or something. So i know that you paid good money for that amp so i wouldnt skimp on the rest of the install. Take your time and do it right and get the proper equiptment to keep that amp out of the repair shop and costing you more money than you wanted to spend in the first place. Thats just me. Measure twice cut once is my motto. Lol. Im sitting on two DC 3.5k amps just waiting for my alternator. i could put them in and run the risk of blowing them up but im going to be patient until i can properly supply the power they need to run safely. And im finishing my box but ill be done before my alt gets here so i just gotta wait it out as freaking hard as it is to just see your amp as a paper weight at the moment! Lol

Yeah your right I'll just be patient and wait appreciate the help.

No problem, its just better to be safe than sorry. Thats a bad ass amp and i wouldnt wanna see it get ruined. But you could do the basic stuff and just watch and see what your voltage does. Have a voltage meter up front where you can monitor it. With a couple good batteries and stock alt you just might be ok, test it but be careful.

Your welcome anytime