chevy cobalt theft mode

so i re did everything. wiring big 3 and everything soldered nicely. i had a kenwood unit in but it was making a whining sound through the subs so i needed a new headunit. i bought a new alpine headunit and went to put it in, soldered everything up nicely went to start the car and it started but the headunit wouldnt turn on. i turned the car of and mounted the head unit up and was going to figure everything out later cause i had to go to work. i go to start the car and the only light that lights up on the instrument cluster is the security light. the car does not start and does not even crank. i check every fuse and not one was blown. i took a DMM and checked the voltage on all my batteries and they were sitting right under 12.7 so they were all good. the headlights and everything turns on, i just cant start the car. idk how to bypass this so i can use my car. does anybody know? i need help

Sounds like you put your car in the dreaded tamper mode. First off you should plug back in the stock head unit if you have it. Besides that your gonna have to leave the key in the on position for about 10mins and the light should go solid, or turn off, can't remember. At that point turn it off, then try to start it. If it doesn't work try the 10 min. thing again. It can take up to 3 tries at times.

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

this is a chevy thing, i believe its the REM wire (pink) when i did a deck install in my impala i hooked all the wires up, put the dash back together(PITA) i tried to crank it.....and nothing the only thing that happen was the security light turned on, so i rip the deck and wires out try starting it it fires up.. so at this point im scratching my head like wtf is going on, well i strart taking off wire by wire until it started and then when the car started i shit it off and put that wire back on, and.........nothing, so i just rigged the deck on its own switch it was anooying

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived