Sonic Electronix

As it sits right now I have 1 lvl 4 18" in my cavi... however its in the BACKSEAT of my cavi... i would like to have that back. Now my thoughts are going down to 1 or 2 15's in the trunk however i doubt I will have enough room for 2 ported 15s. My question is... better idea to go with 2 sealed 15s or 1 ported 15... I am still noobish and would like to know the pros and cons to both... help please any and all suggestions are much appreciated

Well the major thing about ported is you can tune it to a certain frequency, and get more SPL, or better lows out of it, whereas a sealed isn't going to have those advantages. As well, sealed usually seems to "Punch" a little bit harder (As there's air cushioning the back of it) and is a little more crisp. IF you're into alot of rock, metal, etc, sealed will definitely seam cleaner, although ported can be made louder.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

well sounds like you have plenty of power and with the trunk dimensions you gave us total air space is a little over 14^3, like the guy stated above each enclosure has benefits and you'd have room to do either if you build it right. But with the height of 17" you may want to consider 15's or angle the 18 down like kingsuv did on his blow through build. If you have any questions pm me I did a cav with 2 15's not long ago.

One question op, do you like to play lows?

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

With 3400 watts you are looking at extra batteries or an alt... or both. Those may be your trunk dimensions... But remember, you have to GET THE BOX in there first! The opening will limit what you can fit. Unless you want to cut steel and slide it in from the cabin...

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I have a sunfire (the same thing) u can get around 9cuft box in the trunk from the back seat. When u put ur seats down pop the plastic off around the trunk opening. U have to trim some of the metal and get the box in then put the trim panels back on and ur never know.

U can get 2 15s but the ports going to be on the small side unless u angle each sub a little to account for the port