Second Skin Audio

help with box for Powerbass 3XL 15's in Escalade EXT

I'm building an enclosure for 2 15" Powerbass 3XL's, need something that will murder some lows. Anybody have any experience with these? I have 49 wide, 23 tall, and however deep I want to go.

I might have a little experience with them. you can make that 14 deep. use a 6 inch port, 14 deep to tune to 41Hz.

Revc - 2.5-Ohm

F0 - 26.089Hz

Sd - 860.490cm^2

Krm - 471.858 uOhm

Erm - 1.209

Kxm - 80.901 mH

Exm - 0.546

Vas - 112.237

Cms - 106.748 uM/N

Mmd - 334.116g

Mms - 348.630g

BL - 18.521TM

Qms - 3.507

Qes - 0.416

Qts - .0372

No - 0.463%

SPLo - 88.671dB

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

the specs in the manual were for a 27.5 hz tune, maybe I will just run with that one. But I was thinking maybe a sick bandpass or something like that. What program could I use to plug in the parameters?

I wrote that manual...when they changed the sub they didn't change the manual...that's why I gave you the RIGHT specs on that sub

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

if you want them tuned lower you can lengthen the port to 16 inches...oddly, just 2 inches lowers it to about 31Hz....below that and they sound like crap

Principal

Sweet, thanks. So, are these subs as shitty as I always thought they are? I loved the extreme subs before this generation, the ones with the chrome basket that said PBX in the middle, this generation seems like such a cheap sub.

2010 and up they cut corners to save a few pennies here and there. The amps got better, but the subs suffered. i don't like the way the speaker engineer does things...he doesn't give two shits about car audio so kinda phones things in. before the June release of 2010 product I was heavily involved with design development and production...after I left they stopped batch testing. I'll still use their amps, but not the speakers or subs anymore.

Principal

2010 and up they cut corners to save a few pennies here and there. The amps got better, but the subs suffered. i don't like the way the speaker engineer does things...he doesn't give two shits about car audio so kinda phones things in. before the June release of 2010 product I was heavily involved with design development and production...after I left they stopped batch testing. I'll still use their amps, but not the speakers or subs anymore.

Then your the perfect guy to answer my question I posted and got no replies to in another section. How will a extreme 3000d push an SMD 18? Will it do it justice? The guy already has the 3000d, so were were gonna order a sub and give it a whirl.