Second Skin Audio

need box designs

nvm ill do it how i want u dont even know what i was going to do so y judge my design... just wait tell my build log and ull see that it is going to turn out rilly nice

alright, i'd hope it's a little better than you running 2 different kinds of subs with different impedances like you have in your sig.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

nvm ill do it how i want u dont even know what i was going to do so y judge my design... just wait tell my build log and ull see that it is going to turn out rilly nice

alright, i'd hope it's a little better than you running 2 different kinds of subs with different impedances like you have in your sig.

lol the only reason im running these subs is cuz i could care less what happens to em since they have just been laying around and now im putting em to use.

and it will be better just wait

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Are you doing one in the middle and two on either side facing the back?

im going to have 1 in the middle, 2 on the sides angled and they will be facing my seats so when i fold them down u will see em. im going to have a false floor if u wanna call it that so i can bolt my boxes down so they dont move and then im going to fiber glass some of the gaps so i have no air flow into the back fo the trunk and im going to put another sheet of 1/2" MDF over the top of all the boxes and have the subs sealed off at the trunk. itll kinda look more like a blow through then being sealed off at the trunk.

EDIT: and the amps will be screwed or bolted havent decided yet to the top of that sheet of 1/2" and its all going to be wrapped in black

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

i dont think you know how to measure if you plan on doing a false floor an 18" tall box and a .5" piece on top

i know in the lumina it seems like i had 18.5-19" so i built my box 18.25" and ended up only being able to fit 17.5 in there due to the trunk arch, where the trunk arms meet the trunk and all that was after we took out the trunk springs/bastard bars or whatever you wanna call them

so make sure you measure measure and measure again- dont be scared to get into the trunk to measure

it sucks building a box only to have it not fit

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i made sure that where the trunk hinges or w/e come down wont hit the box but i will cut a little gap for it to fit into in the 1/2" ontop

and from the bottom of my 6x9 to the bottom of the trunk i have 19-20 inches of space. and i re-did the box tuning and its only going to be 17.75" tall so i got an extra quarter inch to spare :)

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

This is kinda what your looking for right?

CarBox.jpg

kinda. someone told me if im going to have 3 seperate boxes make em all the same dimensions. but if that'll work ill use that design instead of mine

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

once you have all the measurements I'll try to see what I can come up with. I'm no expert but, this would be a fun box to design.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

and then maybe this summer when i go visit my grandparents in canada i can show you in person how it turned out. they like about 2 hours south east of winnipeg, manitoba

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200