Second Skin Audio

Bring out your dead

Anyone got some good dead sub pics?

Here's a couple from a sub I pulled apart tonight.

Bigger picture: http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc232/STEviltoo/HK18s/HPIM0323.jpg

Hpim0323-small.jpg

Close-up shot of the HOLE in the coil.. lmao!!

MA18-dead-closeup.jpg

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

how did you do that?

that would be a thermal failure. shit happens when you push a sub to its limit but its what you have to do to get loud.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I didnt do that one, previous owner of the sub did. He was feeding it something in the range of 7-8KW off 4 Lanzar Opti2000D's (actually 2 subs, 8 amps).

Also, a mapp or propane torch works really awesome for weakening the glue. Didnt have to cut the cone or spiders at all! :) If I get lucky I might be able to re-use the cone for something if I can get the coil out of it..

Edited by STEvil

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

Now I'll have to look in my old pics, I have a pic of a 15" Kicker Solo X cooked like that...off 2 JL 1000/1's that somebody tuned too far into clipping.

got a dead 10" L5 to pull apart next :)

Hammerdown... 1%