k so i have a 98 neon and im wanting to get all the body work done for the summer and get it painted. ill get pics of everything later on but im wondering how to go about cleaning and treating surface rust that has ate at the metal and caused dimpals but not went threw on the bottom of the passenger side doors. also in the rear corner panel on the passenger side it has eaten threw from the inside have about a 2" hole wondering how do i fix treat this and fix it without welding in new metal.i wana fix everything so it doesnt come back any help would be apriatiated

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

pics would be better....but if you have rusted through, replacing the metal (welding) is the BEST thing you can do. you can glass it if you know how, but you seriously run the risk of it cracking out depending on your climate. as for surface rust, you need to get rid of it. sand it all off...you will quickly see that rust can be alot bigger than the area you can see or that has bubbled up. you can also check out eastwood for some rust treatment coatings for prevention. Ive never used them, but they always seem to be pushing it. one day Ill get around to testing it out....the surface stuff should just be easy body work, widen out the area, and apply a thin coat of filler.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

i cant glass cause itll crack in the winter. i could weld a new piece in but im not sure if i could get it right. its 252 am right now im gona try and get some pics when the suns up what do i use after ive treated the rust on the pieces that have dimples becouse of the rust bondo? wont that crack in the winter to though?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i cant glass cause itll crack in the winter. i could weld a new piece in but im not sure if i could get it right. its 252 am right now im gona try and get some pics when the suns up what do i use after ive treated the rust on the pieces that have dimples becouse of the rust bondo? wont that crack in the winter to though?

I prefer metal in place of metal but i have glassed the shit out of some of my beater cars and never once had a crack cause of cold. And i live in michigan. As far as after you fix it i usually use por15 on the under side of everything. If you cant get behind it just make sure you have all the rust sanded out and seal it up good. POR is nasty stuff so if you use it on the underside of the quarters use gloves. And also rage extreme bondo is my favorite for smaller skims. a little runny but workable. Never had that crack from cold either. It's all about prep and decontamination.

You get it to stick good and dont beat on it it will stay there as long as you own the car.

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

u7bfc.jpg

v8h6yc.jpg[/img]

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vhq15x&s=7

2n08nxs.jpg

^ both passenger side doors are this way

sy106v.jpg

^ this is worse on the other side hasnt went all the way threw yet would like to save it but not sure how

Wire wheel or flap wheel it until you see bare metal then self-etching primer it. If you get holes you will have to get patches welded in. If you have holey doors just find rust-free doors, will probably cost less to get the doors than to get the patches put in.

Too many projects, too little time...

the doors dont have holes on them and the quarters are after i already grinded the metal down and bondo. it rusted from the other side so im not sure where to look to fix things