Sonic Electronix

E

You could send it to an installer maybe, they mostly do headunits everyday, so most places will do a good job.

I learnt how to hook one up just the other day, it's easy if you have someone to show you what to do in person.

We thought about having bestbuy install it but we wanted to save the $50 and have learning experience lol

Yeah, fair enough. When I did it I got the loom that plugged into the new headunit, and the loom that plugged into the car, then cut and put some crimp bullet connectors on for it to be all plugged up later on.

It felt pretty good when I got them all done correctly first time :)

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

if there was an aftermarket headunit in the car previously leave the harness that was in there alone. Then take the red from your harness and connect it to the wire connected to the red on the previous head unit. Thats what ray meant. now thats provided the previous one worked perfectly.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if there was an aftermarket headunit in the car previously leave the harness that was in there alone. Then take the red from your harness and connect it to the wire connected to the red on the previous head unit. Thats what ray meant. now thats provided the previous one worked perfectly.

The old one worked fine it just didn't turn off, you hand to take off the face plate for it to turn off. And that's what I was thinking but the previous owner had like a red and a green connected to one wire of a differnet color comming from the dash. I have two pictures of what I'm talking about but I don't know how to upload them from my phone. I tried uploading them from my computer but this website opens really slow and I can't even open a thread.

doesnt best buy install radios for free for ones they sell?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.