Second Skin Audio

Problem with only having a Dc XL 18"??

Ok, so I was wondering if there would be any issues with having one DC XL 18"er. Meaning, do get effective bass would i have to upgrade to aftermarket amplified midrangers due to the 18" only getting the really lows? My stock midrangers are actually above decent and I'd rather not mess with them but I was wondering if I'd be missing a large range by only going with an 18"

My build:

2001 Toyota Camry

two 12" Kicker l7 Solo-Barics

Kicker 1500ZX Amp

0-AG Wiring

Pioneer DEH-3300UB Head-Unit

oh god not this again. MYTH MYTH MYTH MYTH MYTH MYTH

Bigger woofers are not strictly for lower frequencies... It will play around what ever frequency you tune the box to. It will not play any lower than a 10" or 8" would

oh god not this again. MYTH MYTH MYTH MYTH MYTH MYTH

Bigger woofers are not strictly for lower frequencies... It will play around what ever frequency you tune the box to. It will not play any lower than a 10" or 8" would

ok good, just making sure ;). So you think a DC XL" with an AQ2200D would be a good match?

My build:

2001 Toyota Camry

Kicker 1500ZX Amp

0-AG Wiring

thats a good match

but dont believe alot of stuff you hear i HATE when people say 18 or 15s can only play REALLY low! and they think im a idiot when i try to explain to them that a 10 can play just as low or lower then an 18

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

Yeah that is a pretty good match

sweet . the only problem i have left is the box. I'm a complete noob when it comes to making boxes, I've never done it before. I don't really understand how you tune a box to a certain amount of hz or how you would even know how many hz you should tune it to. I also don't get how to decide where to place ports and how to make them. The good news is I have plenty of woodworking experience and tools, I'm just new with subwoofer boxes.

My build:

2001 Toyota Camry

Kicker 1500ZX Amp

0-AG Wiring

There's a Torres box calc on here under the subwoofer/box section. It's stickied so it's at the top just get that then play around with the measurements you can work with. It also has a section on the calc for you're port and tells you what it will be tuned to then just get google sketchup 8 and play around on there making the box (it's pretty easy) then post the pic in the box section with measurements and tuning frequency an I'm sure someone can help you with the rest.