bumassjeff Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 Ray sounds like the man... Also if I may chime in as a customer... open up earlier then the rest, even if you work it yourself. I can't tell you how many times I said screw this shop because they wernt open and went to the other one across town due to them being open before I went to work. I work 9 to 6ish usually after but shops open at 10 and close at 6 f that.haha I would have to agree with you, waking up and starting early is what I planned on doing. No need to be a half ass shop owner and open up super late and close early. That's just asking for a bad reputation.
bumassjeff Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 In my opinion, Ray has the most reputable shop in our region (central cal), he knows what he is talking about.. Ray has a great reputation all over I'm sure. I've been on these forums for a long time and seen him all over. I think I may have even either bought a sub from him before or was in questioning with him about purchasing one but it's been so long I don't remember. Still wasn't acceptable of Mr. Ray to step in here and say he could stomp me. It's like going into a persons build thread and bashing them for trying to build their first box. That person doesn't want to be discouraged they posted it here to be enlightened by everyone's knowledge. But I do say thanks for the long list of goods. Just keep it positive please.
akustoms Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 good luck guys. man iv been wishing a good shop would open here. we have had two and they both just nut hug jl mtx and rockford, not downing those companys either they just say everything else sucks haha. i just laugh and walk away, im so happy i found this site learned some shit and said screw the locol shop. i wont even buy wire from them, they hella raise the prices and dont listen to the customers wants or needs. sorry to rant or thread jack lol its just good to see people that love car audio wanna open a shop, and will actually make the customer happy. hope it all works out for you guys. 15"AA havoc, AQ1200d. T3 audio 6.5 2 way componet set on rockford p400.4
quackenbush25 Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 good luck guys. man iv been wishing a good shop would open here. we have had two and they both just nut hug jl mtx and rockford, not downing those companys either they just say everything else sucks haha. i just laugh and walk away, im so happy i found this site learned some shit and said screw the locol shop. i wont even buy wire from them, they hella raise the prices and dont listen to the customers wants or needs. sorry to rant or thread jack lol its just good to see people that love car audio wanna open a shop, and will actually make the customer happy. hope it all works out for you guys. hey thanks for the support and yea shops jack up prices ridiculously high we plan on having good product for a good price not rip people off like the majority of shops.
quackenbush25 Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 In my opinion, Ray has the most reputable shop in our region (central cal), he knows what he is talking about.. Ray has a great reputation all over I'm sure. I've been on these forums for a long time and seen him all over. I think I may have even either bought a sub from him before or was in questioning with him about purchasing one but it's been so long I don't remember. Still wasn't acceptable of Mr. Ray to step in here and say he could stomp me. It's like going into a persons build thread and bashing them for trying to build their first box. That person doesn't want to be discouraged they posted it here to be enlightened by everyone's knowledge. But I do say thanks for the long list of goods. Just keep it positive please. very well put sir jeff this isnt a competition were just looking for some helpful advice
toadking90 Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 just dont forget about the other things you will have to do. yeah a simple car audio shop is cool but people dont want just audio. they want alarms to go with that too. and with alarms comes remote starts. then to satellite radio. so on and so forth just remember that too.
quackenbush25 Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 just dont forget about the other things you will have to do. yeah a simple car audio shop is cool but people dont want just audio. they want alarms to go with that too. and with alarms comes remote starts. then to satellite radio. so on and so forth just remember that too. actually we dont plan on getting into car alarms or anything like that at least not right away
toadking90 Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 if you dont plan on doing that stuff than you guys better have some super fast install thats are pro and the best prices around. people are lazy they want a one stop shop. and if nobody in your area has much of a system they will want to lower end stuff cause they dont know any better. and if they can get a sub that is pounding to them for 75 and an alarm with a cool remote at one place. they will do it over your better higher end stuff... just my two cents. im all down for it though just getting started will be so hard.
SHEL Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 I wish you all the best. I am not in the car audio field, but I do deal with automobiles. Having said that, when it comes to competition and pricing, I would honestly caution against coming into the market as the "new guys with the lowest price". I say that, because sure it will get people in the door in your stages of infancy. There is, however, a downside to this often used strategy. That is that unless you have a huge treasure chest of money to start off with, you will quickly be running at a deficit. Once you realize that and raise your prices to a reasonable rate, customers move on to the new low cost leader. One thing I have noticed, is that once someone rushes in slashing prices, another lowballs you. In the end, the industry as a whole is fighting an uphill battle, due to little to no profit margins. Do a good job and charge a reasonable price. This means that you will not get every customer, but you will not have to worry about people always trying to talk you down on price either. When a customer becomes a regular, then you can cut them some slack, for their loyalty. Your time, material, knowledge and product are worth a certain price. Explain it to customers like that, and give the customer what you both agreed to. That is how I see it. I have however been called stubborn, because I stick to my guns and am brutally honest. Again, I wish you both well
quackenbush25 Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 I wish you all the best. I am not in the car audio field, but I do deal with automobiles. Having said that, when it comes to competition and pricing, I would honestly caution against coming into the market as the "new guys with the lowest price". I say that, because sure it will get people in the door in your stages of infancy. There is, however, a downside to this often used strategy. That is that unless you have a huge treasure chest of money to start off with, you will quickly be running at a deficit. Once you realize that and raise your prices to a reasonable rate, customers move on to the new low cost leader. One thing I have noticed, is that once someone rushes in slashing prices, another lowballs you. In the end, the industry as a whole is fighting an uphill battle, due to little to no profit margins. Do a good job and charge a reasonable price. This means that you will not get every customer, but you will not have to worry about people always trying to talk you down on price either. When a customer becomes a regular, then you can cut them some slack, for their loyalty. Your time, material, knowledge and product are worth a certain price. Explain it to customers like that, and give the customer what you both agreed to. That is how I see it. I have however been called stubborn, because I stick to my guns and am brutally honest. Again, I wish you both well we dont plan on cutting the prices so low we wont make enough profit that is something we will plan out and a reasonable price is what were planning on there is lots of shops that just really rip people off esp with installation prices. i havnt even run into a shop anywhere in the area that i would consider anywhere near cheap
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.