Sonic Electronix

rookie needs advice and suggestions.

Hey guys, I could sure use some help please. I have been away from the car audio world for some time now (15 yrs.) so a lot has changed, or so it seems. I think I have a general direction of what I would like to put together for this truck, (a 2007 chevy reg. Cab) I will run it by you guys and then would appreciate advice and tips ect. I am looking at a alpine ida 305s d.m.r., I have a cherry memphis 16-mch600 "baby belle" 5 channel amp, I would like to run one single memphis shallow sub, along with memphis 6.5 components in the factory door location, along with 4x6 plates in the factory cab corner spots. I would spend between 200 to 350 for the 6.5 inch Components. The "baby belle" is rated for 400 rms at 1 ohm (I believe??)on the sub channel. Is that enough juice to run a high quality shallow ten? Am I headed in the right direction, by staying with all memphis speakers, or is there something else I should be looking at brand wise for that price range? I've looked at focal vr1's ?. Open to your suggestions. Thankyou

Hey guys, I could sure use some help please. I have been away from the car audio world for some time now (15 yrs.) so a lot has changed, or so it seems. I think I have a general direction of what I would like to put together for this truck, (a 2007 chevy reg. Cab) I will run it by you guys and then would appreciate advice and tips ect. I am looking at a alpine ida 305s d.m.r., I have a cherry memphis 16-mch600 "baby belle" 5 channel amp, I would like to run one single memphis shallow sub, along with memphis 6.5 components in the factory door location, along with 4x6 plates in the factory cab corner spots. I would spend between 200 to 350 for the 6.5 inch Components. The "baby belle" is rated for 400 rms at 1 ohm (I believe??)on the sub channel. Is that enough juice to run a high quality shallow ten? Am I headed in the right direction, by staying with all memphis speakers, or is there something else I should be looking at brand wise for that price range? I've looked at focal vr1's ?. Open to your suggestions. Thankyou

The Memphis should do nice in there. I would skip the plate speakers though. Instead think about a pair of Kick pods for another set of components. I have a set of 5.25 components in my kicks and a pair of 6.5 comps in the doors and love the way it sounds. I had plate speakers in my rear doors and at higher volumes they sounded like ass. The Focals would be a nice in there too.

Thankyou for yourr reply, so are u saying to eliminate the cab corner speakers, ie. Unplug them? And do components in the kick panels? Do you know much about that memphis mch600? I can read the spec. Sheet for that amp but for me its kinda like trying to understand japanese. Lol. Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Archived