Sonic Electronix

well depending on your year of exploder your could prolly do that with four 10's per side or 3 per side.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

well depending on your year of exploder your could prolly do that with four 10's per side or 3 per side.

The 4 doors only have 40" depth or somethin, my 2 door is 36" and that's all the way to the hatch

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

what about two 15's? that would be awesome.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

what about two 15's? that would be awesome.

I was originally going with 2 sdc 12s but now that i relize i can get 2 sdc 15s for 40 bucks more im thinking about doing that. I kinda get the best of both worlds. (The wow factor of having 2 15s and then what i want)But the only thing im not sure about is how much space 2 15s would need.

Am I the only one here that's thinking quality over quantity? :(

Edit: Not sure what your console looks like, but mounting a down-facing 10" there would be tight.Make your vehicle look stock (So nobody looks in, sees two massive 15's and get sicky fingers) and make it look clean. Roll up in an explorer that appears completely stock and have it pound like crazy. *Shrug*. As well, you're in high school now... Do you plan on getting a new(er) vehicle for college? (Figure I might ask since many kids do... Especially considering you have a 99. Getting quite old and unreliable. It might be Found On Road Dead soon.;) ) Might wanna make sure 2 15's would fit in whatever you may get.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Am I the only one here that's thinking quality over quantity? :(

Edit: Not sure what your console looks like, but mounting a down-facing 10" there would be tight.Make your vehicle look stock (So nobody looks in, sees two massive 15's and get sicky fingers) and make it look clean. Roll up in an explorer that appears completely stock and have it pound like crazy. *Shrug*. As well, you're in high school now... Do you plan on getting a new(er) vehicle for college? (Figure I might ask since many kids do... Especially considering you have a 99. Getting quite old and unreliable. It might be Found On Road Dead soon.;) ) Might wanna make sure 2 15's would fit in whatever you may get.

Yeah i most likely will be getting a new car for college and i never thought about when i do get a new car having my old system fit in it which is doubtfull with two 15s so im glad you brought that up.

Here's where a single, BAMF sub comes into play (No, I'm not suggesting the Power Craptastic amp)... In a car, you're probably going to be able to fit 2 12's ported. With limited space like this, you really can't do much with the subwoofer enclosure. It'll have to be a small one with a small port (Which you don't want). You should either go with 2-3 10's, 1 12, or 1 15. With any of those options, you should have more than enough room in a car to have a decent box tuned to how you want it.

I'd personally suggest 1 awesome 12", or 1 or 2 awesome 10's in a ported enclosure. If/when you get a new car, you can have your seat down, subs and port facing into the cab, and sectioned off from your trunk using dynamat and whatnot. I've seen people with 2 10's hit round 147 on termlab (Didn't someone doing SOTM do something like that?).

OR you can get whatever you want now, and try selling it for MAYBE 1/2 price later and getting a new system if it doesn't fit (If you get 2 15's in a prefab ported enclosure (Which I'm sure is what you're going to do) it will more than likely not fit. 2 12's MIGHT). Doesn't matter. They're all options for you to choose from.

P.S. and in reply to your post two up, 99% sure 2 15's would fit in the back. Might have to change the direction the box is lying, but they will fit. I can fit 2 15's in a sealed enclosure in my car's trunk. (Don't worry, I only have a single ported 15", as sealed boxes aren't too hot for SPL.)

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Archived