Sonic Electronix

TRUST ME, i know what your going through. Im 15 and going to school in Canada. EVERYONE has either 2 10s or 12s and think their sweet. When realisticly they dont know anything about whats in their trunk. Im looking at 2 10s, or 1 15, still having a hard time deciding though..

What are your options for the 10's and the 15? And what kind of vehicle are they going in?

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Here's where a single, BAMF sub comes into play (No, I'm not suggesting the Power Craptastic amp)... In a car, you're probably going to be able to fit 2 12's ported. With limited space like this, you really can't do much with the subwoofer enclosure. It'll have to be a small one with a small port (Which you don't want). You should either go with 2-3 10's, 1 12, or 1 15. With any of those options, you should have more than enough room in a car to have a decent box tuned to how you want it.

I'd personally suggest 1 awesome 12", or 1 or 2 awesome 10's in a ported enclosure. If/when you get a new car, you can have your seat down, subs and port facing into the cab, and sectioned off from your trunk using dynamat and whatnot. I've seen people with 2 10's hit round 147 on termlab (Didn't someone doing SOTM do something like that?).

OR you can get whatever you want now, and try selling it for MAYBE 1/2 price later and getting a new system if it doesn't fit (If you get 2 15's in a prefab ported enclosure (Which I'm sure is what you're going to do) it will more than likely not fit. 2 12's MIGHT). Doesn't matter. They're all options for you to choose from.

P.S. and in reply to your post two up, 99% sure 2 15's would fit in the back. Might have to change the direction the box is lying, but they will fit. I can fit 2 15's in a sealed enclosure in my car's trunk. (Don't worry, I only have a single ported 15", as sealed boxes aren't too hot for SPL.)

it's been stated roughly 5 times that he drives an EXPLORER <----maybe you'll see it there. He doesn't have to use small subs, i have 4 12's in mine with MORE than enough room to put another 2 in it if i wanted..he's stated he's not going to use a shitty prefab, don't know why you'd even suggest that...and sure you can do high numbers with 10's, you can do high numbers with any size of subs..that's got a lot to do with a box. Lets start reading before posting mkay?

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Okay, I didn't see the prefab part. I wouldn't suggest it but he's... what did he say? 15 or something? Not everyone at 15 has the know-how to build a box on their own. And before you rant, didn't you notice how we mentioned him possibly getting a CAR for college? That's why I was listing options for a CAR. If he buys a system now, and tries selling it later, he's not going to get crap for a price back unless he tries taking advantage of some kid in high school. Yeah, you can fit a crap ton of subs in an explorer, but what happens if he gets a car for college? dual 15's in a box he made for his explorer will more than likely not fit in a car. Relax. He's best to start off with 10's or 12's now, and if he keeps his explorer, or gets another large vehicle, he can upgrade. If he gets a car, cool. He's prepared. I'm just trying to cover all the bases. I'm not going to tell a person "YEAH GET 15's! That'd be sick!" if he's going to get a car soon that 2 15's won't fit in.

Edit: In fact, it was in the very first comment before the one of mine you just quoted where he said he'd probably be getting a new car. Did you just skip his and read the wall?

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

Neither do morons

If he got a new car all that would have to happen would be a new box build and recone down to a smaller size..

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Lets not argue guys. The car im saving up for is a scion tc. Its a small car but its a hatchback so their has to be some extra room?

The TC's hatch dimensions are around 24x36x14 (lxwxh). so the subs will have to face upward, and be no wider than 36".

Neither do morons

To me if you want a wow factor. Get 2 descent 12's and put some time into a good box and out pound all those other kids with.2 12's. Make them think theres 2 15's in there and when you tell them you have the same thing as them , thats the wow factor i would be after. Plus they will fit in another car if u got one. Chances are th

ey all have sealed boxes or prefab ported ones with to small of ports and tuned @45 plus hertz. Audiopipe ap1500's are cheap and put out good power. Good luck. Diamond audio d3's are fairly cheap and really good subs to.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

look up teamsoundstreambil on youtube if you dont think a tc would hold 2 15s ( he had ss xxx's). personally i think an 18 would be sick. not many teens have 18s. all i ever see at school are 15s & 12s, including myself

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Archived