Sonic Electronix

look up teamsoundstreambil on youtube if you dont think a tc would hold 2 15s ( he had ss xxx's). personally i think an 18 would be sick. not many teens have 18s. all i ever see at school are 15s & 12s, including myself

I said they'd have to face upward and be no wider than 36". Didn't say a TC wouldn't hold two 15's.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Are you sure the height is 14 in? That just seems way to small

I have a tC and those dimensions mentioned above are pretty damn close to what I've measured. It may even be smaller than 14 inches up against the hatch with it closed but I'm sure you're box wouldn't be getting that close to it anyway.

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

everyone at my school has 2 12"s in a prefab box, definitely be original no matter what you do, like my buddy:

justinstruck.jpg

4 Phoenix Gold R2 12's, PG 500.4, PG 1000.1, motorized amp rack from the rear of the box with 15" TV facing through the back glass.

edit, here's a before pic just so you can see the difference:

justinstruckbefore.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/mrgeo20
-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

-'99 Sierra, under construction

CBF reading through all the pages. So I'll just say. My first system was a year ago. 1 18" in a half wall with a 3K Atomic. Pretty much built that a week after I turned 14 (well, Boon did most of the work, haha)

A year later, I have 2 RE MT 18"s in a wall (and a whole bunch of other stuff, build log in sig) I turn 15 on the 12th March, so not only am I one of the youngest on here, but I have the highest db/year of age ratio. lol.

Should probably add that I'm from New Zealand too, which makes it even more unique here.

All my mates loved the single 18", I'm sure they will love the wall even more. Pretty much doing something different and huge (compared to what everyone else you know has seen) will always impress people. But what will really get respect is not being a dick, don't go round bragging or putting down others systems (unless they really deserve it, haha). Just be nice about it and everyone will have a good day.

Also, who gives a shit what they think of you? lol. I'm sure you have judged people before, so what if they judge you. If they be a dick to you just stuff them in the port or something. lol

Another idea. Go second hand. The majority of my system is like 5 years old or more. As long as you get it in good condition it doesn't matter. And you get more bass for your buck.

Now time to read the rest of the thread. haha

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

everyone at my school has 2 12"s in a prefab box, definitely be original no matter what you do, like my buddy:

justinstruck.jpg

4 Phoenix Gold R2 12's, PG 500.4, PG 1000.1, motorized amp rack from the rear of the box with 15" TV facing through the back glass.

edit, here's a before pic just so you can see the difference:

justinstruckbefore.jpg

The first picture is like my ultimate goal right now to have a setup that looks that good

I'm 22 now but when I was in hs I had a honda civic with 2 10" alpine type x's and I had all the "wow factor" becuz I was the loudest at the time. I easily put a guys 3 12s to shame and all the the black guys with ther 2 15s cramed in ther caprices and old schools. Everyone would ask what 15s I had and with a smile id reply ther 10s. Nobody belived me till I poped the trunk. As a lot of people have stated id go with 1 nice 10! And blow everyone else away with it!

if you have an SUV and listen to a lot of rap and lows, then get 15"s or 18"s. 18"s for those that like flat responses and mostly rap/screwed rap... sure you can listen to rock but it'll be flat

if you have a sedan, most of the time multiple 10"s and 12"s will be very effective and you can listen to any music you want. and it can still hit lows depending on your box.

if you have a sedan and listen to mostly rap and are not afraid to wall it, then go with 15"s or an 18". of course since you got all those lows, it'd be a good idea to plan ahead for some extensive sound deadening.

that's just my opinion.

if you have an SUV and listen to a lot of rap and lows, then get 15"s or 18"s. 18"s for those that like flat responses and mostly rap/screwed rap... sure you can listen to rock but it'll be flat

if you have a sedan, most of the time multiple 10"s and 12"s will be very effective and you can listen to any music you want. and it can still hit lows depending on your box.

if you have a sedan and listen to mostly rap and are not afraid to wall it, then go with 15"s or an 18". of course since you got all those lows, it'd be a good idea to plan ahead for some extensive sound deadening.

that's just my opinion.

No. Subwoofer size doesn't tell you how tight, flat or low the sub will sound. If you use the parameters of the sub and make a box that is matched to the sub and car it should always sound good.

And unless you have a tiny car, or are doing spl, don't do a wall with 1 18". It will just look silly.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Archived