Sundown Audio

autotek 4000.1 mean machine

corteznewbie

well i got my mean machine hooked up and did a couple wiring tests. first time i did the 2 ohms per channel and it sounded ok. then i wired my subs to one ohm and wired to one channel and it was like nite and day. my subs are planet audio bb2 12d's dual 4 ohm vc and rated at 1200 rms. from what i could find on the amp it says it will do 1400 rms at 2 ohms. and 2000 rms my question is why did it hit harder and deeper on 1000 which i'm taking in account each sub gets 1000 watts from the one 2000 watt channel. over the 1400 to each sub. one sub on each channel.

PICT0004-1.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

I dont understand this "per channel" stuff . Isnt it a monoblock one channel? The 4 speaker terminals is one channel leading the the same one pos and one neg ... So when u said u did 2 ohms perchannel that's really the amp seeing 4 ohms ... Then I guess the amp is now seeing 1 ohm which is why it's hitting harder .. Big difference from final ohm load 4ohm to 1 ohm ...

the mean machines are a dual mono blocks kinda like the audio pipe 3000. its two 2000 watt amps in one chassis. and i'm running dual 4 ohm voice coils. i have 2 subs so each channel would see 2 ohms. at 2 ohms the amp puts out 1400-1500 rms . my subs are rated at 1200 rms. but didnt hit as hard. but when i did the one ohm load on one channel the subs started to come to life. but the amp does 2000 rms per channel at 1 ohm so right now each sub is getten 1000 rms. cuz they are splitting the 2000 watts.

techforce_teamdbs.gif

i did 2 ohms per channel and it didnt hit that hard. gotta remember my subs are rated at 1200 rms so 1400 should make them slapp. but they didnt. so i tried putten a 1 ohm load on one of the channels and the were slappen like there was no tomorrow so 2000 watts per channel at one ohm. 2 subs one channel 2000 watts split between the 2 subs = 1000 watts per sub and slappen. my question is why they slappen harder on 1000 watts thn the 1400 watts

techforce_teamdbs.gif

sounds like a phasing or wiring issue, did you wire something backwards or run the RCA inputs wrong/unbalanced?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived