Second Skin Audio

Need help with box design

I am in the process of designing a ported box for 2 12" dc level 3s and my computer has committed suicide. I hate posting these new threads asking for help but I'm doing everything from my iPhone (wish Torres' calc had an app lol). Anwyway, I have some approximations in mind, but need help getting finally measurements.

I'd like the box to be 46" wide. Subs cone facing up, port back. I was thinking of putting each sub 1 or 2" from the edges, and putting a port the height of the box (and however wide it needs to be) in the middle of the box, facing the rear. My approximate measurements for size idea are 46"W x 16" L x 16" D.

The drivers each displace .15 ft^3 if my memory serves me correctly. And the recommended Net Volume (volume the sub sees) should be 3 ft^3. The tuning should be 32 or 33 hz.

Thank you in advance for any help. I'm in a bit of a pickle and it's quite frustrating.

i did some calculating for you, btw i am a builder/designer here in socal(currently doing a 149.9db with 2 18"s on 4k)

here is what i got for you

cut sheet list;

top - 35"x16"

bottom - 35"x16"

sides - 14.5"x14.5"

back - 35"x14.5"

front - 32.5"x14.5"

port - (width)2.5"x(height)14.5"x(length)24.5" port does bend so make sure you carry the same width of 2.5 all the way thur.

box details

box after all displacement is 3.10cu.ft@ 32hz

let me know what you think.

2-18" Fi Btls

2-RF T2500-1bd

box 14cu.ft after displacement tuned @ 32hz.

Socal Box Designer/builder

Archived