Robert8252 Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 So looking into buying a epicenter concert series but reading through the manual online for it I'm lost with the PFM subsonic filter built in. It is set at 33hz and says you have to change the module to change it. Can these "modules" be purchased online and if so where? Or can you remove it and let the amp continue to do the subsonic? And also if there are different modules for different frequencies whats the lowest you can get for it? 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Monergist Posted April 13, 2011 Report Posted April 13, 2011 I've been looking into this myself. The EQS has a subsonic filter set at 33hz also. So far, all I know is that you can purchase a 15hz (lowest available) module directly from Audio Control for $15. Also, the EQS's subwoofer inputs will be disabled if the module is removed and the result is no bass (the amps signal will not pass through). 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Pioneer AVH-P5200BT Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5 Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s) Audison Voce AV K6 Component System Audison VRX 4.300 Audison VRX 2.250 Sundown 4500D SMD 15" XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk) Monster XLN-201 RCAs DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator
Robert8252 Posted April 13, 2011 Author Report Posted April 13, 2011 I actually emailed audiocontrol and got a phone call next day from someone and he shot the shit with me for a few and explained all the processors and modules and what they do. Said to just give them a call and tell them which module I needed and for $15 they would send me it and I could be on my way. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Monergist Posted April 13, 2011 Report Posted April 13, 2011 I read on the Crutchfield website that there's a "blank" module also. Do you know if the blank simply allows all frequencies to pass through? 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Pioneer AVH-P5200BT Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5 Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s) Audison Voce AV K6 Component System Audison VRX 4.300 Audison VRX 2.250 Sundown 4500D SMD 15" XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk) Monster XLN-201 RCAs DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator
Robert8252 Posted April 13, 2011 Author Report Posted April 13, 2011 Not sure. Email them from their website and ask. They were friendly as hell and more then willing to answer any questions I had 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
rhyckaudio Posted July 27, 2011 Report Posted July 27, 2011 Not sure. Email them from their website and ask. They were friendly as hell and more then willing to answer any questions I had I have all of the freq available... in fact I have not only 15hz! From .5hz to just named... all of them. If you have the 15hz I bet there was some difference.. the bass was cleaner and longer. The ones that I have are 24db not 18db so theres more bass. If you want 1 in 10hz at 24db and your box can play that low you will be able to play almost all kind of music.. Im no pro but I like this... you will say that I cant be able to play the epicenter with a PFM lower than 10hz because of the specs of the epicenter but you can... I have 2 PFM of 1hz in series so there is 0hz .5hz not sure.... Now I know that is impossible but there is allot of difference in the sound, that will be the blank module Mr monergist says.. And I can play rap, hip hop, bass music.... all with the best super low bass and with no distortion with the epic all the way up.. Thats the good news.. the bad.. Im in mexico... but can send them to all the world..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.