1989 toyota supra modernizing budget build.

looks good bro

i would find a new grounding spot but that just me :drinks:

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

if u can do a run from the battery

i just dont like useing a thin metal for grounding

but if u happy with it leave it

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, crap.

I kept getting texts and pics about this build, but never came into this topic to comment.

Looks great man! - I know how you are with finding components and vehicle specific parts that are just right,so I can appreciate the time that you put into tracking all that stuff down.

I think it looks great, and I bet it sounds very smooth and clean.

More people need to be commenting on this topic, maybe get this in for the SOTM - It does have a stock alternator!

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

• 2 months later...

alrighty then boys and girls,,,,ive been really happy with the way this system turned out...sound is so clean and staging seems good (if i understand staging that is). but i have noticed that i could now stand to have a bit more...a few problems are presented with that, the most up front being i dont have room for two amps. i thought of tracking down a baby bell but decided i dont want to give up what i have up front now....so patstone11 recomended looking into the sound stream refrence mono block, on his advise i checked it out and like it and what it offers....still the issue of where it will mount is presented...i aslo noticed that the back seats do nothing but hold crumpled up receipts...the light bulb went off and i decided thats where the amps need to be...started talking to some supra friends and came up with some ideas, then a friend linked me to the photo below...i like the concept but his is too bulky and awkward for me...so im thinking of doing something similar but more conceled and for fitting to the car....any ideas boys? im also thinking the battery will end up here too...take a look and tell me what you think. and thanks for reading this novel of a post.

rearseat1.jpg

ok a few pics....ive got my rear seats out now...now you can see what im working with...

IMG00037-20110627-1545.jpg

i want to build the rack even with the rear armrests or lower...as to not block my rear speakers....

IMG00038-20110627-1545.jpg

i origanlly was gonna pull the false bottom from the hatch and make it lower but this support between the strut towers poses a problem in that....

another view

IMG00039-20110627-1546.jpg

if i was a better woods worker i would put the box in like this and finish it in somehow...thoughts?

IMG00040-20110627-1547.jpg

IMG00041-20110627-1547.jpg

and a reminder of what the inspiration was here...(not my car). i want something like this as the finish but lower....

rearseat1.jpg

any thought or ideas would be greatly appreciated....

a few other thoughts i have is how to move the battery back here and also considered just making the board even with the shock tower panels and mounting amps there and the battery low ect ect...as you can see ive got alot of ideas but im not sure which ones are good and how might be the best way to pull it off.

Man, you are going to have to glass it....

really think so? how come? i dont know that im being super clear either with my ideas....i hope i dont have to glass it...i hate glassing things...and i suck at finishing work...

Man, you are going to have to glass it....

really think so? how come? i dont know that im being super clear either with my ideas....i hope i dont have to glass it...i hate glassing things...and i suck at finishing work...

I can see exactly what you are thinking about doing and glassing it would actually be much easier just to make everything fit nice and tight/get all the curves right. Looks like a really really fun project

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Archived