Tried metering "park and pound" meca style

this may sound dumb. but is that a good score? i cant see ppl building a system specificlly for this event, but who knows lol

There is nothing that people WONT do in the world of car audio :)

lmao very true. a guy on i think GPI was talkin about trying out what he called disturbing the peace. you play windows down next to a car with i belive sealed up and meter it in the other car. kinda like a red light demo

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

That was a sweet score highest i ever got was a 132 then my amps protected lol did you leave your rear side window down or was it louder with it up? and what song was that?

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Thats a great score, i did a 121.0 with my one 12. Last year it was called drive by but i believe the reason they changed it to park n pound is cause u actually didnt drive by the meter, which imo would have been cooler. Also I sat in my car last year for that event. When ur doing spl if ur vehicle does above 150 (which of course urs does) then you cant be in the ride. but u can zip tie ur throttle @ 2000rpms then use ur remote to do ur run.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Meh, shits weak.

:D

now next time do your run before you do 5 practice runs ;)

i know huh a few 30 second runs will take the life out of the system for sure. You can actually hear it lose its ass towards the end of the video. I was hanging on for dear life hoping not to smoke something. The subs were fine, barely warm but the amps got a little toasty....i forgot to turn on those fancy fans under the box. I think the system was starting to do its thermal "scaleback" thing because the amps got hot. Mainly the ones under the box since the fans werent on.

anyway this was fun but i hear you cant even get in the car so that rules out doing a comp....not that i really planned to anyway. I HAVE to be in my ride, i know my system by sound and feel so its important for me to be in there.

That is old age creeping up on you... (forgetting things) but... I am willing to bet you would of pulled over 36-7 without the practice runs... I don't like the get out of the vehicle rule either... I am just not into the competition thing any more... mine is more for enjoyment and demos...

Dam good score! Also believe it or not it, it will probably increase if you open the rear door also!

That one guy in the burban did at Freezefest... (I think he gained about 1 db leaving his hatch open... I am gonna expirement on Frankenstein with that...

Also... Charlie figured out that on doing Park n Pound... switching to "Lady Gaga" in the middle of the run doesn't help the score... LOL! (At Carl Casper he was doing park and pound and accidently changed bass balling to Lady Gaga "Born This Way" LMAO!) Dam touchscreen phones!