Lunch's Charade, 6x15"s & 18,000rms

hollly shit the h/u idea is great love it. made me say OHISEEWHATUDIDTHERE!

love the build mayne keep it up

thanks man!! i'm a big fan of the h/u mod too, it's beep pulled off GREAT too! my mate did a brilliant job imo, couldn't have asked for better work, he's actually put in ALOT of work on this build, alot of people have, it's been somewhat of a joint effort between a few of us, as without them i never would never have been finished the build, not that it's finished yet, there's still ALOT in store!

i think i'll post up my front door builds next....

good job finally getting a build log up here, i still cant believe how much air this thing moves, awesome awesome work :D

good luck with SOTM youve got my vote for sure

thanks booboo!! it's been too long, but as i started the other build log AGES ago, and there's been lots of down time between builds, i haven't really had a chance to start a fresh log on here, but with this latest build all needing to go up on photobucket anyways, it was the perfect opportunity to get it up here!! i might actually post up some of the older builds on this too... but we'll see, it might get confusing...

thanks again for the well wishes man, i don't expect to come out with SOTM, there's so many other more deserving builds nominated, but i can only dream!! one day i'll take out the big gong!!

SMD-1.png

Christ this build is nut lol, and that head unit idea, beast (not just because your dummy face is the HU i actually have lol)

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

Christ this build is nut lol, and that head unit idea, beast (not just because your dummy face is the HU i actually have lol)

thanks man!! it's a little crazy considering the physical size of the car, remembering this is all in a little hatchback! lol even i still can't believe all that gear managed to squeeze in, and without any real compromises on box size!

but thanks again for the comment! i'm just trying to do something a little different y'kno?

anyways i got some door build for you all to have a look over!! enjoy!

much like most of the built it was a joint effort,

this time between myself and Mark from XSNOISE custom car sound, having not had any real fiberglassing experience

he showed me the ropes and got me going, i wanted some more extreme angles on the speakers but there's obviously

some limitations on how far material can stretch etc, but i'm over the moon with how they turned out

each door houses 4x Cadence CVL6x9s, and they rather loud for what they are, i see some of you guys go REAL crazy with

your doors, i'm hoping for my next build to be on par with your crazy doors, but out here you don't get too many "serious" door builds...

well onto the pics!!

1st up obviously we had to agree on some positioning...

post-41268-127936952463.jpg

and then we marked, and cut out the door skin to help sink the speakers in for test mountin angles,

these are only minimal cut outs atm as it was purely to get an idea of where the magents will sink thru the skin

post-41268-127936952794.jpg

and then sprting out the angles

post-41268-127936955639.jpg

post-41268-127936953818.jpg

post-41268-127936953092.jpg

post-41268-127936953451.jpg

and now fleeced and resined

post-41268-127981256867.jpg

post-41268-12798125657.jpg

SMD-1.png

And with a couple of layers of light matting

post-41268-12803066907.jpg

post-41268-128030669413.jpg

and then ready for some final sanding and bog

(mark)

41026_417508843919_756723919_4835621_7557391_n.jpg

really taking shape!

39965_417936443919_756723919_4849688_4735606_n.jpg

40882_417936553919_756723919_4849692_3411751_n.jpg

40882_417936558919_756723919_4849693_1389551_n.jpg

speakers just resting there...

40882_417936563919_756723919_4849694_4135000_n.jpg

40882_417936568919_756723919_4849695_6257284_n.jpg

post-41268-128196749009.jpg

and mounted on the door, which isn't on the car lol

post-41268-128316637815.jpg

and how they sit in the car

DSCF6620.jpg

honestly i'm a big fan of the way they turned out, they're definitely loud,

i've metered them on the TL with a best of 138db @ 50hz which for doors, i think is quite impressive! but again, some of your builds are just crazy!

the plan is to trim them, and most likely replace the woofers with some more serious Cadence dedicated 6x9 midbasses, but trying to get my hands

on what is now a rather old series of speakers is proving a bit harder than originally thought... it'll happen tho!

trimming the doors as well as the rest of the car is high on my agenda, but there's still more fabrication work going on that to

trim anything in the would be silly, with the amount of mdf/bondo dust that fills the car weekly just makes trimming anything in there a bad idea...

but it's all coming together slowly, this is very much a budget build for me, as i basically live paycheck to paycheck, working minmum wage so going "big" on a budgt is never easy, and it makes for a slow build, but it's

progressing nicely, which at the end of the day, is the only thing i care about!

keep an eye on this build for more updates!! as i'll be trying to post as often as i can!!

SMD-1.png

Neat ... :drink40:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Those 6x9's look pretty sweet. Gonna be even better once the panel gets painted/covered.

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

Damn Steve great thread!

Gotta say a BIG THANKYOU to all the boys on the SMD Chat too for helping us get that box design sorted out. Hank especially for helping me get my Learn-On about Series loaded 6th Order Walls!

as for the port location design in relation to the top woofer I agree with what everyone is saying and we are considering a small wave-guide wall internally in order to prrevent the woofer from shortcutting directly to the port. This is something we also had to do in the Alpine Bass Shower. Basically we just ran out of time before the debut.

I still think there's a LOT left in this build, but like anythign it's all about the time. We really approached this as a proof of concept build to see if we actually understood how the math worked and if we could actually make it work in such a small space. Turns out that straight out the gates this thing is just plain MEAN!!!

Can't wait to see more videos! You have a lot of work to do, we still need...

- bail-out videos

- building flex videos

- floating objects videos

- hair trick videos

- windshield shattering videos

- flex videos

*and of course it's gonna be REALLY hard to do anything close to as cool as the 'My Eye Popped Out' video

WELL DONE Lunchie and Good Luck!!!

thanks guys!!

for those not in the know, Scott was a Major driving force behind this build, he's been there from the beginning,

so without him, and many others too this build would never have happened... so a MASSIVE thanks go out to him!

as well as several others (not all on here) but they know just how thankful i am to them, whether it be in them helping supply some gear, or whether it be the time they've given up or what,

so a MASSIVE thanks goes out to all those involved,

i'd also like to give a special thanks to Hank (2000lade) for the maths behind the series tuned 6th order, without that we would have been shooting in the dark...

the last few days have been spent just refining a few things in the car, as alot of the build was still half way between the 12x 10"s install and the current 6x 15"s...

but it's getting there slowly! hopefully should have some more substantial updates SOON!!

SMD-1.png

thanks man!! it's a little crazy considering the physical size of the car, remembering this is all in a little hatchback! lol even i still can't believe all that gear managed to squeeze in, and without any real compromises on box size!

but thanks again for the comment! i'm just trying to do something a little different y'kno?

Not thead jacking dude, but My hatchback is small :P not yours haha

th_DIGI0016.jpgth_DIGI00162.jpgth_DIGI0015.jpg

Wana gives me some 18's for that little beastie lol???

BTW the doors look great :)

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

Not thead jacking dude, but My hatchback is small :P not yours haha

th_DIGI0016.jpgth_DIGI00162.jpgth_DIGI0015.jpg

Wana gives me some 18's for that little beastie lol???

BTW the doors look great :)

hahahaha ok, i'll give you that much!! definitely not alot of room in there!!

AND a quick Video, go another one uploading now, but here's this one!

this vid was taken on the 1st day of getting her running, much like all builds there were quite some teething problems, including 2 subs letting go and taking an amp with them, but it's all been replace with some spares

however this vid was taken WITH the dead subs still in the wall... so i guess this was only 4x 15" and 2 passive radiators LOL!

all in all it was VERY unhappy, but you still get an idea of just how much air it's moving...

SMD-1.png

Archived