Lunch's Charade, 6x15"s & 18,000rms

that head unit idea is freakin awesome. i love that, thanks for sharing :)

thanks man!! thats the whole point of forums like this! to share what we've done, and hopefully people like what we've done!!

i'm glad people are liking what we've done out here! drinks.gif

BUT i gt a couple of pics from a show the car was at the other night, was a great event but i had a few teething problems, subs surrounds letting go, as well as one of the amps letting it's magic smoke escape...

but gear was replaced on the spot (lucky i had a spare amp available!)

but i got a couple of pics!

DSCF0320Medium.jpg

DSCF0348Medium.jpg

DSCF0358Medium.jpg

DSCF0350Medium.jpg

DSCF0351Medium.jpg

DSCF0400Medium.jpg

DSCF0401Medium.jpg

DSCF0402Medium.jpg

as well as another video!!

this time it's of the windscreen letting go, i wasn't quick enough to actually film the screen 1st letting go, it all happened too quick, BUT you can see it getting worse, and all that awesome-ness... lol

anyhoo!

enjoy!! i hould have some more updates in the next day or so!

SMD-1.png

so no one likes smashed windshield videos then? lol

well after a few issues, i'm currently in the middle of stripping down the front stage, and making a start on the 3 ways for some extra essques! as well as cleaning up the cabin area and making that as presentable as possible...

so far everything is going quite well! i should have some pics up for you all soon!!

other than that i'm currently looking at some new woofers, being out here in Australia really doesn't help, as e don't have too many woofers capable of handling serious power, and those that do are geared more towards high tuned SPL, as opposed to what i need...

i'm actually contemplating bringing some woofers out from the US, as the buy price is fantastic, but shipping is the real killer... especially considering the weight behind some of the more serious woofers...

BUT so far i'm leaning towards Incrminator Audio - Death Penalties, what is everyones thoughts on these?

i'd LOVE to get my hands on some DC lvl4/5s or some Surreal Innovations - J816 15"s... ideally i just want something people don't see everyday out here!!

so please, give me your thoughts!!

-

SMD-1.png

ok, well for a bit of an update on what i'm doing here,

i'm basically in the middle of swapping out the tweeters in the 4x 6x9s co-ax's and running them as midbass only

and adding 2" mids and 1" full bodied tweeters... for a semi-active 3way front stage...

as this car is built to take on ALL the classes we currently run in Aus, DBdrag/Bass Race/MEASPL/MEASQ the last

of which being Australias leading SQ format... so it needs to sound pretty damn good to have even the slightest hope, but hopefully

we can achieve this!!

on this note a quick background info is needed, when we did the original 12x 10"s build, we were on a super tight schedual to finish it in time

for it's debut, so ALOT of things were rushed wit the final assembly and getting everything up and running, there was ALOT of less than perfect wiring

done, but i must admit Eric, who came in at the last minute to help wire everything up did and INCREDIBLE job with what he was given, the issue wasn't with

his workmanship, but rather with what he was given to work with, non-optimal wire lengths already assembles paneling etc, there was really alot to be desired,

but time has come to fix all of this!! as it's been this way for the better part of 6months now, we've changed just about everything else in the car, so it's

about time we got stuck into this one...

so first up came the tear down and figureing out exactly what i'm doing and were this is going...

DSCF7199.jpg

this is how the floors originally looked, with the crossovers layed on top with all the wiring, not the neatest but it worked! also note that in this pic i'm currently sitting on the amp... lol

DSCF7233.jpg

the the original doors with "some" deadening on them, all the service holes were originally filled, but when i changed to

the 4x 6x9s i decided to open them up as much as possible, so alot of the deadening was removed

DSCF7203.jpg

and then i added some more! this OptionAusio deadening is quick thick and heavy, but i decided not to go TOO crazy with the deadening

as the inner door skin is THAT flimsy it's not funny, adding more deadening wasn't really worth it...

DSCF7208.jpg

in this pic you can see the false floors/amps/speaker cables out as well as the Dash binicle,

i've got something special in plan for the dash, as well as the center console/heater controls area, but more on that one later

you can also see the factory 4" locations on top of the dash we'll be modifying to suit the new 2" mids...

DSCF7216.jpg

so now with the 6x9s being run as just midbass the crossovers have gone, so now the cable requirements are near on non-existant, as the 4ch will be

running @ 2ohm on channels 1&2 (2x 6x9s per channel) i only needed to run 2 pairs of speaker cabling into the doors, it made for some nice neat wiring!

the 2x runs of cabling for the mids/tweeters will be be run seperately and has yet to be run...

as you can see i'm also holding down the cable with strips of sound deadener it works quite well!! (thanks to FHRX for the idea)

DSCF7223.jpg

DSCF7230.jpg

BUT this is basically where i'm at now... more updates soon!!

SMD-1.png

nice to se me in one of the photo's 'jammed' into the box LOL :D

lookin good man, hope it wins SOTM

and for people out there i did the h/unit face extension, and was actually fairly strait forward.

planning on doin a couple more now.

MORE UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even though i know there are none at the moment

while you are at it and its gutted why not drench it in this its like the "hot mop" shit after you build a shower, ive been meaning to do it but just not in plan right now but i sure damn will, its good stuff cheap and thick i would think it would work good on doors and floor, but your car is like a Guinne pug so this is why im stating it towards you lol

edit: forgot topost pic lol

day6a.JPG

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

nice to se me in one of the photo's 'jammed' into the box LOL :D

lookin good man, hope it wins SOTM

and for people out there i did the h/unit face extension, and was actually fairly strait forward.

planning on doin a couple more now.

MORE UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even though i know there are none at the moment

thanks Jay!! couldn't leave out the pics of you wedged in the box!! and again, you know how i feel about the work you've put it, i can't thank you enough!

updates will come VERY soon!!

while you are at it and its gutted why not drench it in this its like the "hot mop" shit after you build a shower, ive been meaning to do it but just not in plan right now but i sure damn will, its good stuff cheap and thick i would think it would work good on doors and floor, but your car is like a Guinne pug so this is why im stating it towards you lol

edit: forgot topost pic lol

day6a.JPG

i've actually been looking into doing something similar!! thanks for sharing that! i'm hoping to have the floors all painted up in a thick bitumen compound this, or possibly next week whilst everything is out...

i might actually check this stuff out 1st...

upgrade you account so the pics on the 1st page can been seen

thanks man, i've only just logged on now to realize i've exceeded my alloted bandwidth...

hang in there a little bit, i'm hopping to upgrade my photobucket account tomorrow, so all should be fixed then!!

REALLY sorry for the lack of pic guys...

as i said, should all be back up 2morro... :(

SMD-1.png

Archived