Lunch's Charade, 6x15"s & 18,000rms

x2 i definitely agree, the deck trick is sick and looks like you need to take your time with it.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Great build! That thing looks like its doing some serious slamming! In that last video you posted of the windshield, what was playing?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

shit u deserve sotm just for the way u did the remote face for the deck. thats sum slick shit dude :good:

x2 i definitely agree, the deck trick is sick and looks like you need to take your time with it.

thanks guys! the headunit mod was all the idea of Jay, a close friend and BIG part of this build, he's done a FANTASTIC job of it all, and he's currently making up some custom 3way passive crossovers for my front stage, a brilliant mind with the more technical side of electronics!

this build has been happening over the last year or so, just slowly whenever money allows, but i've been determined not to cut any corners, and to build the car properly from the word go, unfortunately my ever changing mind is always setting me back, making more and more changes to the original plans, but the car is always getting better for it, so it's not all bad! lol

Great build! That thing looks like its doing some serious slamming! In that last video you posted of the windshield, what was playing?

that would be playing Decaf's mix of "da blow" or at least i'm 99% sure it is... lol i usually liten to pretty much just Decafs mixes, they're perfect in that they peak exactly where i need them to, and he does a GREAT job in them, always nice clean signal! so you can't go wrong!!

thanks again guys! i'm hoping to have some more work done soon, but i've been rather busy cleaning out the house and garage lately...

SMD-1.png

WOW, everyone really likes my headunit trick...... maybe i should try to start selling em :)

i think this should win SOTM regardless.... how many aussie cars are there on here anyway?

GO STEVE!!!!

btw, crossover design has changed completely, going to try it with 750hz 12db slope midbass to mid, then 6khz 12db slope for mid to tweet. they were 6db before but now with 12db there are twice the amount of components, the mid bandpass will be on a small circut board now.... just like a real crosover :)

FUN FUN!!!!

good luck with SOTM dude, hope you get it :D

WOW, everyone really likes my headunit trick...... maybe i should try to start selling em :)

i think this should win SOTM regardless.... how many aussie cars are there on here anyway?

GO STEVE!!!!

btw, crossover design has changed completely, going to try it with 750hz 12db slope midbass to mid, then 6khz 12db slope for mid to tweet. they were 6db before but now with 12db there are twice the amount of components, the mid bandpass will be on a small circut board now.... just like a real crosover :)

FUN FUN!!!!

good luck with SOTM dude, hope you get it :D

so the Dayton mids are definitely a goer then? i'm happy about that one! mounting the components on a board is cool! i like that... so which crossovers are you changing exactly now? just the mids? or the tweets and mid bass too?

i trust your work sir! make me ESSQUE!!! lol

thanks man! i'm currently 3rd/4th for SOTM which is FANTASTIC!!

thanks to everyone who has voted so far!! and lets see if i can get up on top of that list!!

SMD-1.png

so the Dayton mids are definitely a goer then? i'm happy about that one! mounting the components on a board is cool! i like that... so which crossovers are you changing exactly now? just the mids? or the tweets and mid bass too?

i trust your work sir! make me ESSQUE!!! lol

yep the daytons are a definite goer, and being 8 ohm the components have to change. and with the 12db slope there a capacitor and an inductor per cut off. so ALL of the components have to change. but all are smaller components and half i can take back and swap over at jaycar.

you heard 12db slope in the car, and 6 db in the loungeroom. there was a little too much overlap with 6db

dont worry it WILL be fairly essque :) ill post some some pics in the next couple of days :)

Really love this system sir! :clapping:

thanks man!! i'm just loving that people are actually liking what i'm doing out here!! i can't thank you guys enough!!

and don't forget to vote for me in SOTM!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/103903-march-2011-sotm-vote-sponsored-by-audio-savings/page__pid__1444027__st__20#entry1444027

yep the daytons are a definite goer, and being 8 ohm the components have to change. and with the 12db slope there a capacitor and an inductor per cut off. so ALL of the components have to change. but all are smaller components and half i can take back and swap over at jaycar.

you heard 12db slope in the car, and 6 db in the loungeroom. there was a little too much overlap with 6db

dont worry it WILL be fairly essque :) ill post some some pics in the next couple of days :)

SWEEEEET!! well you know how i feel on the matter! lol just do what you do best sir!!

i quite liked them in the car last night, as i said at the time the transparency is just fantastic! i literally couldn't identify that there was a mid down in the kicks!! so hopefully we can work out some good mounting for the Charade...

ANYWAY as i'm feeling bad that your voting for me in SOTM but i'm not supplying you with anything new atm (give it a couple of days for more updates to start flowing in) i figured i'd post up a couple of OLDER videos with the 12x 10"s clamshell wall in it...

obviously it's not performing quite like it is now with the 15"s, but it somewhat shows how the car is reacting to the pressure etc, flex and such, plus i know EVERYONE LOVES FLEX!!

so here you are, remember this is the OLD setup....

once again, these are rather old vids, the new rebuild is in a whole new league! lol.... but i hope you enjoy these either way!!

SMD-1.png

I wonder what numbers this would do if it actually had 18kw :P

well i guess we'll see when the new electrical arrives! lol

i've already sorted out quotes and everything on some "serious" alts, looking at 4x 350a Excessive Amperage variable voltage units, i'm VERY happy with the quote, and i'm looking at ordering soon, once the cash flow is a bit nicer this should allow me to run full voltage for a short while with the 12v batts.... ideally the alts should supply enough current to run the amps without the current draw dropping back onto the batteries, how well this will work is about anyones guess, but here's hoping...

as it is i have more than enough power, and cone area, i see ALOT more gains coming from getting that voltage up, and getting some more suitably rated woofers in there...

SMD-1.png

Archived