DC Sound Lab

Help with final box design!

I have use of my brother's computer for a few minutes while he's over, and here is what I've come up with as far as box design. I just need some opinions to make sure this is all correct so I can start cutting tomorrow. I did most of the leg work by hand and just entered what I wanted in the box calc (thanks Torres!). Hopefully This will work, as I'm putting two DC Level 3 12s in it. The subs will be mounted on top of the box, each 1" from the left and right edges.

The port walls go back 13.3" into the box, then extend 8.15" in either direction. Is this the propper way to measure port length when designe this way? I wish I could give a sketch of what it will look like.

Edit: apparently I don't know how to post a picture..soo, crap. I can email a screenshot of the box calc.

Edit #2: here's what I entered in the box calc:

Outer dimensions

Height: 15

Width: 46.5

Depth: 17

Port Dimensions

Height: 13.5

Width: 4.4

Length: 34

Miscellaneous

Woofer displacement: .3

Baffle thickness: .75

# of common port walls: 2

Check sub upward box

desired net volume: 3.5

Edited by SwaggerWagon

The dimensions arent really the important part, the net airspace and port area per ft3 are the most important. For 2 Level 3 12s you are going to want about 3ft3 net(after sub and port displacements) with about 48in2 of port and tune however you like.

Okay. I'll sit down and adjust some things. But quick question; if I put a port in the center to the back and have to bend it to the left and right (to make a "T"), do the extensions along the back wall need to be half the width of the port coming to the front?

So here are the final demensions for my new box. I'm gonna start this weekend for sure! This is my first box, so any suggestions or advice on building would be great. I'm not sure about bracing yet, other than 45* corners, and corner inserts under baffle (there will be a double baffle, but I'm just going to add a sheet of MDF to the existing baffle to make the subs flush).

Capture.jpg

The photobucket album shows the history of the car so far (not much, but it's my first system/second car).