The weather was nice today, so I took my car in to get washed and decided to post a few pics of it all happy and clean. I realized that I have pictures of the interior and the system, but not the car itself. I also have a video of an app i found for my phone and its use in my car.

DSCF0004-1.jpg?t=1300563971

DSCF0003-1.jpg?t=1300563972

DSCF0002.jpg?t=1300563973

So I got some birthday money right now and was looking to replace the HU with a new and better Pioneer. Right now, I'm looking at 2 of the new year models:

DEH-6300UB

DEH-33HD

There are some minor differences between the two, mainly screen size, HD radio, and Pandora. I don't use Pandora that often since I listen to my iPod most of the time, which makes me lean more towards the 33HD. However, the 6300 has better equalizer settings and better display. Tell me what you think and why.

I think you should go with what you are more comfortable with. If you have a smart phone you can hook that up as well and listen to pandora with that. The 6300 has a larger display and a 5 band parametric eq. That would be my choice.

Here are a couple more to look at if you're not set on Pioneer...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23447_Clarion-CZ500.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18876_Alpine-CDE-102.html

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I had actually looked at a similar Alpine, and a slightly different Clarion, but Pioneer has been good to me and I sort of wanted it to match the rest of the car's speakers. I am going to go and mess around with these units this weekend and see with one feels better but I am leaning towards the 6300. I will hopefully decide this weekend and have some updates at the beginning of next week.

@TheScottishBear: How's Jane doing? I haven't seen any updates in a while, unless you got hit by that shit storm we had a couple days ago in which case I totally understand.

Just uploaded a vid of her door panels and where I am at. We had sixty degrees a couple days ago. I would put a layer of resin down and kick it on the lawn chair until it dried. I fell asleep out there at one point and was warm all day. This morning I took a 1/4" of snow of my car WEAK SAUCE. I want to have something to show people when I head to the show in hammond in 3 weeks. Wheather is not cooperating.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Picked up the new HU the other day and will hopefully get to install it tomorrow. It is the Pioneer DEH-6300UB, after much consideration and talking circles around the tech guys at Best Buy, LOL. Here are a couple videos of my APC cluster F***ing up, but no worries because the dealership that installed it has to eat the cost of replacing it now for the THIRD time.

That is crazy. I've never seen that before. Was that the original problem that caused them to change it 2 times?

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

At first, all the gauges would pop up to 5/8ths of their max reach and then slam down when the car started to run and then after a minute, they would start working again. The second one which was the first replacement had a bad rpm gauge, and this new one now does what the original did plus what is in the videos. That gauge cluster is all one big circuit that has a controlling hand in a lot of different areas of the car, and the only replacements the dealership can find is some aftermarket p.o.s.

I got the new HU in and running and boy does it look and run nice. At this point it is a matter of getting the EQ's set and get used to the layout. I will have to wait to post more pics than below, I want to get this thing tuned up before I post a vid too. Here are a couple pics of the harness after I spliced all the wires together.

NewHarness1.jpg?t=1301459512

NewHarness2.jpg?t=1301459514

NewHarness3.jpg?t=1301459515

NewHarness4.jpg?t=1301459516

NewHarness5.jpg?t=1301459517

Archived