97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

I know how you feel man i used to live in northern IL (Rockford) and I remember putting in my first system just a couple weeks after Christmas, at night. I was outside for hours and it was like ~10 degrees lol it sucks, but south Texas "winter" is the shiz man like 70ish during the day, no losing feeling in your hands during an install.

I'm liking that wall man something different, I would say I wish I still lived there to meet up with you guys but I like being warm lol. Good luck with the rest of your build i'll be tuned in! :popcorn:

Thx for the comments guys. I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner but I only update this thread when I work on the car. Which brings us to my most recent purchase. These are the "exit" or compression drivers that will attach to the horns.

cats-1.jpg

There is adapter which the driver screws into and attaches to the horn body which also goes with the horn which I can show you tomorrow. I got them early friday morning so they should definitely be here tomorrow. I will have a video of the install and a couple of sq and spl tracks to give you guys an idea of how they sound . The best thing is that they will cover from 1.2k to 20k and only need 30 watts.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Got the compression drivers in the mail today. I tried to get them installed but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.... and the cold was kicking my ass. I got the right side in and tomorrow I'll do the otherside.

Here are a couple pics that go with the unboxing vid I am working on right now.

gfyu014.jpg

gfyu015.jpg

Here they are attached to the adapters and mounted to the horn bodies. They willl be on 30 watts and run from 1k to 20k.

gfyu016.jpg

I'll have a video in a bit.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

The repairs on this car does not stop :( but if it's the O2, one is basically directly under where the center console normally goes. Make damn sure you unplug it from the back side of the engine first though lol, that cable gets aaaallll fucked if you don't. As long as you can get under the car you should be able to replace it with one wrench. Do you have a Haynes repair manual?

The repairs on this car does not stop :( but if it's the O2, one is basically directly under where the center console normally goes. Make damn sure you unplug it from the back side of the engine first though lol, that cable gets aaaallll fucked if you don't. As long as you can get under the car you should be able to replace it with one wrench. Do you have a Haynes repair manual?

I have a Haynes manual. Helped in the install quite a bit. I have to change out the multi-function switch too. That will be easy enough.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived