97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

Just spent about a half hour reading everything. I love your ideas man I can't wait to see where this is headed...gives me a few ideas for my own build.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

Keep it up man, im rooting for you. I know how the weather is giving you problems. I dont live too far from you haha.

1999 VW Passat GLX:

AudioPipe 1500W

10' Alpine Type S(2)

Pioneer DEH-1300MP

1/0 RF Amp Wiring

Big 3 - 1/0 RF Wiring

Stock Battery and Alt

Came home late today but I still managed to get some work done. I am in the middle of a couple projects right now. The kick panels were started today. Here are a few pics of what got us up to this point. Step by step. I taped both areas off.

001-9.jpg

Only got a picture of this side of this part of the process. Both areas have 2 layers of tape crossing over one another. When that was done I cut up some pieces of matte to match the contours of the panels.

Passenger

002-6.jpg

Drivers

004-6.jpg

Once I had the pieces cut I got my weapons ready. lol Notice the small brushes. You don't want to be using a big brush on the little stuff. To messy.

005-5.jpg

After I got mixing I took the matte pieces out and laid a thin coat of resin on the panels. I can't begin to tell ya how easy this makes everything. Esp. with the funky angles and vertical spaces you have to cover. Then the matte went back on and it doesn't move around. :)

Then they were hit with the resin.

Passenger

007-3.jpg

Drivers

008-1.jpg

Once I had saturated the matte I laid down another coat of matte making sure to avoid having any weak spots so it doesn't deform. The more fiberglassing I do I realize that less is always more. To give you an idea I only mixed in between a 1/4-1/3 of that bottle for each panel and that was more than enough. Also, the ability of the cloth to get saturated fully is directly related to how much hardener you add.

Tomorrow I will probably add another layer of matte, trim them to the desired size, and cut some baffles for the 6 1/2". Hopefully I can get them wrapped as well. In between that madness I am going to trim and sand the door and hit them with so bondo and dynaglass. I am getting more than a little tired of not having an interior in the car.

I also added some more spray foam to the baffle and will be cutting one more 3/4 inch baffle that the subs will attach to. Two actually if you call the flush mount baffle one as well. The total thickness of the baffle will be 2 3/4 inches with a total thickness of 3 1/2 including the flushmount baffle. I wish I would have built them earlier and attached them to the baffle then but the idea wasn't fully formed until today. hehe

I will post a vid i made today once it gets up on YT.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Here is the video. Notice that when I say "B" pillars I actually mean "A" pillars. This vid is more about the baffle then it is the kicks. Hope to have more on the kicks tomorrow. By that I mean fully wrapped and ready for the res.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Got a little more work done today. It was really cold out. Got the chills in my bones. lol Here are a few pics of whats happenin'

I cut some pieces of metal stock and bent them to fit the baffle. Not an easy task even witht the tin snips. I more or less put a 1/4" cut in the metal and bent them back and forth until the metal snapped.

002-7.jpg

After they were bent into shape I drilled some holes and used some self tapping bolts and washers to hold the stock in place.

003-8.jpg

Here is the matte I stapled down to reinforce the panels to make it a solid piece.

004-7.jpg

I only took one pic but the woven matted was saturated, then hit it again with chop matte and another coat of resin.

005-6.jpg

015-1.jpg

Onto the kickpanels...

I put another coat on them and man oh man are they strong now. Here is the drivers and passenger side with the tape removed and placed back into the car.

009-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

The black lines you see are from sharpie. Here they are cut, still need some trimming yet.

012-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

I'm not worried about the size because once they are wrapped and glassed I will be cutting a vent for each pod. They will "play" into the gap for lack of a better word.

This is what they will look like. I definitely want to flush mount these drivers as well.

013.jpg

014.jpg

Once they get glassed I will screw them into place temporarily and use some spray foam, glass and bondo them again so they look more symetrical and follow the lined of the car better. This is also neccessary for the tweeter cups. Two each side.

I should mention I really wanted to put these in the dash but without time alignment I just thought that even trying to get decent imaging would be a Nightmare. Maybe next time if we decide to rebuild. yeah right. lol I will be putting those B&G planar ribbons in the "A" pillars so we will have adequate stage height.

I didn't take any pictures but I cut the flush mount baffles for the 18's Need some hardware for the eighteens. The screws to go with the hurricane nuts aren't long enough :( I think I may use simple bolts, nuts, and lock washers. If you guys have any other ideas I'm all ears. I am use to dealing with 12" It's a new experience for me.

If there wheather is nice like they say it's supposed to be I will have another vid and update for you guys tomorrow.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I was kickin ass and taking names today. I have three new videos for you guys to take a look at. I sanded the doors down and put a layer of bondo on them. I also have the kicks wrapped and ready for glass. Here are a few pics as a prequel to the 3 vids.

Door panels

011-3.jpg

020.jpg

Kick panels. These are a couple pics with the baffles mounted and resting back in the car. The baffle is 1 1/4 " thick. I used simple wood screws to mount them to the base taking careful attention to avoid warping them. They are very rigid but they did have a little softness or springyness in the corners I had to be mindful of.

Passenger

021-2.jpg

Drivers

022-2.jpg

I should mention that they are comfortable with me sitting in the car and I didn't lose as much legroom as I thought I would. I have a cool idea for the tweeters but I want to get the kicks glassed and reinforced before I show you guys. All I can tell ya is that they will be mounted over the 6's. Should look pretty cool if it works. Until someone kicks them and jacks them up lol.

Here are the videos. I have them arranged in volumes for anyone who is keeping track on YT. The third vid has a little of both thats why it is seperate.

Door panels

Kick panels

Door and Kickpanel video

Were supposed to get rained out tommorrow so I should have more to show you on thursday. If I can get a break in the wheather tom. I will definitely post an update.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

This video says pretty much everything I need to today. I also took a second to recognize my subscribers and few people that got me back into car audio. I really appreciate that and can't thank them enough.

Here are there names and a couple I forgot to mention on the video.

Steve meade

Exocontralto

Twistedchild420

Sixdogs1

Gary Killian

Flatsrunna

Your videos did it for me guys and I appreciate it. I sub'd all their channels and I would ask that you check them out if you have a serious passion for car audio.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived