97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

SPRAY FOAM UP THE ASSHOLE LOL jk looks great how much you got wrapped up into this thing so far? i plan on doing realatively the same thing but having a set of component 6.5 and a 10 in EACH door and a set of component 6.5 in the a pillars nothing kick panel wise dont like the risk of them being kicked or getting snow or mud on/in them

I have around 2300 wrapped in it so far. That is for everything including the 30 extra stops I have made to lowes. I may be switching to a dash setup too. I can put a 6 1/2" and a 4" in the "a" pillars and use my tweets as my center.

I have never kicked my speakers but they are really big and a pain in the ass sometimes. I may move the 10"s to the back and have the amps in between. Anything below 250hz is more or less omni-directional. With them in the back I can goto more of a stock look in the doors. They sound amazing on sixty watts. Don't know whether to put them in sealed or ported boxes though

2300 is not that bad when you really get to thinking about all the fiberglass and foam you gots into it is that 2300 includding speakers and all equipment the only thing other than the kick panels in a small car like yours is the weight of your baffle to mea it seems like your shocks will go out on you soon with that much weight in there. but thats my thought who knows how your car will really take it, being that it is made by gm i would say it will take it like a man. i like the idea you have to get rid of those kick panels to prevent someone who is not used to them being there kicking them and ruining your speakers, to put them into your a pillars and your dash is a good idea too bad you bought 2 way components not 3 way if you had bought 3 ways it would protect your small tweets alot better than if you just wire them in but live and learn that is my phelosify(prob spelt that wrong oh well lol)i have never personally had "kick panels" per say but in my last car instead of tearing the door panels off i built a modded box on the tunnel in my interior of my old 1990 buick lesabre with two 6.5 3 way sonys. i had an old 10" woofer box sittin around so i chopped the fuck outta it lol to stuff two 6.5s in it facing the seat in it. so i know the chances of kicking it but i never did my self

The 2300 will bloom to 3 grand when I get my other two processors and finish the install. I will most likely will end up spending that on the body and paint as well. The car is in need of some serious exterior changes. I plan on getting a Vader body kit from andy's autosport and molding the kit into the body. The body seams at the front and rear fenders will be sealed as well as well as the gap around the door handles. It will look seamless when it is finished. I have been researching body work and painting. lol Think the mitsubishi in fast and the furious but instead of a $100000 hand built ricer, you have a 180hp, 14 year old shitbox lol. The color for the exterior is a burnt orange color. I have been looking for a heavy duty primer or matte in this exact color.

I didn't put the speakers up top originally is because I had no access to time alignment. When I go "Active" I will be able to adjust them. This will require one more amp. The 6 1/2" will literally be sitting on the dash with a majority of the driver haning over it in a fiberglass enclosure. The 4" will be crossfiring off axis if you will. They will occupy the the same enclosure as the 6 1/2" The tweets from the component set will be put in the cener at the very beginning of the dash fwd of the defroster vent. This should give me stage depth and width that will be bananas. After I get it all in and tuned we will see if I need to replace the tweeters. They have some murderous peaks at 3 and 6 and 10k.lol If I can't get it with the 30band eq they are history.

Morel domes or ribbons will take their place. Thank god for partsexpress.

My baffle weighs about 75-100lbs. I have added around 100lbs of fiberglass, foam, and mdf to the trunk. Were in good shape. The baffle is a beast though. I dread pulling that thing out to finish it.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Be careful with the ribbon tweeters man, all I hear is people putting them in homes only because a little too much airflow across them can shred them. Don't mean to add to your list of research lol, but I've heard great things about morels and I wouldn't want you to have to spend more than needed because of something simple like that.

Be careful with the ribbon tweeters man, all I hear is people putting them in homes only because a little too much airflow across them can shred them. Don't mean to add to your list of research lol, but I've heard great things about morels and I wouldn't want you to have to spend more than needed because of something simple like that.

I looked at the morels, dayton and the dynavox tweeters. lol I think I may end up getting a pair of the dayton. They are only 20 bux a piece. I want to upgrade the driver as well. The plan is to put a single 6.5 or 7" in the kicks. I am getting a little colorization with having two mids in the kicks. If I get a higher sensitivity driver I can be louder with less on the same wattage. If new silk domes help I won't need the ribbons.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, I wondered when you were building the I.B. if 2 was going to be enough . If you wanted 6 subs, you might be able to fit 15's in a horizontal clam. I know Johnathon over at T3 Audio is doing some summer cleaning and might be able to hook you up with some reconed T.1000's or T.600's for cheaper than new since the motors and baskets are a little old. Just go HERE and you'll get some more info.

I would like to get some of those drivers but it's out of my price range. I only give myself $250 a month to play with the stereo. That and I am kinda partial to the 18's. I think if I go sealed I could put 5 18" in there. 20 cu.ft is pushing it but that should work. I could always invert a couple of the subs to gain some real estate back. Would a small box extension built into the trunk help? I am completely lost when it comes to walls. I am going to make a thread in the sub/enclosure forum to get some more ideas.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I would like to get some of those drivers but it's out of my price range. I only give myself $250 a month to play with the stereo. That and I am kinda partial to the 18's. I think if I go sealed I could put 5 18" in there. 20 cu.ft is pushing it but that should work. I could always invert a couple of the subs to gain some real estate back. Would a small box extension built into the trunk help? I am completely lost when it comes to walls. I am going to make a thread in the sub/enclosure forum to get some more ideas.

I am looking to upgrade mine and I would like to do an 18 if possible.:werd_msword:

Seems like 2 12's were only loud for so long, lol, I'm ready for MOAR POWAH. Trouble is, gotta get rid of the old and find the new, hopefully at a decent price :lol:

Partsexpress would be your best bet. Great selection and price. Fast as hell shipping. Most of the drivers they sell are head and above most mainstream brands. The eighteens I am using are from there as well. They are having a sale for them till the end of the month. Only 100 bux a piece. Total steal in my book.

It's lame that we get use to the bass so quick. Now I'm not going to stop till I break 150 and I don't know if I can do that with these subs and around 2000 watts. We are going to try though. Should be fun either way.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

yeah that was a bad video. lol Movie maker always freezes making seamless cuts between vids impossible. getting a copy of vegas soon. The car is getting torn down today and getting some hard measurements for the wall. I think the best way is to do 4 18" sealed. I know that won't make me popular but I need to do more research before I build a ported one. Besides we are talking about 4 of these monsters. Sealed or not, it will be loud. I'll have a bunch of fresh pics so bolo.

The only bummer is it will be a month or two before I can get the other two subs. No big deal I guess. I will be swapping out the fronstage and I plan on building some new kicks this weekend (two Aura 6 1/2). A pair of tweeters will go in each A pillar (Dayton). It should be enough to keep up with the wall...I hope

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived