97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

• 2 weeks later...

Got on the tl. surprised but not. It did a laughable 141 sealed on the dash but was 145's with the door open on music. I thought it was much louder but it is only 1500 watts so I really didnt know what to expect.. I am going to get some 6" aeros and port the wall in a couple weeks and hopefully I will be able to post some better numbers at the next show :P

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 2 weeks later...

Got on the tl. surprised but not. It did a laughable 141 sealed on the dash but was 145's with the door open on music. I thought it was much louder but it is only 1500 watts so I really didnt know what to expect.. I am going to get some 6" aeros and port the wall in a couple weeks and hopefully I will be able to post some better numbers at the next show :P

looks great!!! awesome build and detail put into work... Good luck on the build... Will def keep an eye out on this... Looking to do horns in my Camry soon...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

looks great!!! awesome build and detail put into work... Good luck on the build... Will def keep an eye out on this... Looking to do horns in my Camry soon...

If you do horns you will love em" they have great dynamics and their efficiency is pretty ridiculous. I have them on 30 watts and they have no trouble keeping up with the wall. Acoustic music and live stuff is great. I hear so much more detail. Are you looking at getting the full size or the mini bodies? Dor compression drivers I would recommend the selenium 220ti, 2500ti, or the B&C de500. I use the 2500ti's myself. It should cost ~ 400 for the lenses, drivers, and adapters. They take about half an hour to install.

Ports will def. help the score! It'll only get louder from here.

Yeah it is definitely going to get louder. I am going to rebuild the wall for 6 18" sealed in a clamshell. I was talking with the mods, Drew in particular; he said it is possible so we are going to take a shot at it. If it doesn't sound good I can always do 4 18" with a common port in the center like yours. It will be a couple months before I throw the gauntlet so in the meantime I'll start gathering materials until my planes are ready to fill the sky. hahahha

Here is the link

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/140946-a-wall-question-for-the-experts/page__fromsearch__1

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a video of a rear speaker build I did. It made my mids and highs much more pronounced and oddly enough filled the center to some degree. With some eq I don't think I will need a center channel after all. The video only shows a single piece of foam in the little enclosure. It took me two days to film it so some things I forgot or wasn't able to show. I also put 2" egg crate foam inside the wall and it really mellowed out the freq. response. It is less "peaky" and seems to be a more consistent volume over a wider range. It also has better group delay which is always a plus :) Anywhooo...

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Nice to see a big build with low power!

Also nice attention to detail and good explenation to us all.

I really like the 10's in the doors, good job!

Good luck with your build

Thx bruddah I like big power systems but i could never afford it. I think it is pretty loud for the wattage but it can always be better. The doors are going to get an addition of an 8" midrange so it should step my game up even more. If I rebuild the wall like I plan this summer/fall I may upgrade to a larger amp. Something that can put out at least 2k at 2 ohms. I think I will wire the subs in series/parallel. I have been looking at dc audio, sundown, and crescendo. Big boy amps. lol I need to install my batts up front and start a bank in the back before I do that. Until that happens I can live with 6 18" on around 125 watts a piece. It should be loud enough until I can pull the cheddar together. haha

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I still always liked how creative your build is, though it's gonna be interesting on how you're gonna fit 6 18's.

By the way, how do you like those MB Quart ONYX amps, power and sound quality wise?

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I still always liked how creative your build is, though it's gonna be interesting on how you're gonna fit 6 18's.

By the way, how do you like those MB Quart ONYX amps, power and sound quality wise?

Thx. I try to mix it up. It makes for a fun build for sure. The wall will have to be a clamshell. If I do two baffles I will need them to be at least 31" in width and I can do 3 per side. I will have to invert one side most likely. The rear deck is going to have to go too. It is nearly a foot deep and I need that space to make it work.

I like the onyx amps. They are really inexpensive and put out rated power. I run them with ID horns and they have a low noise floor. No distortion or hiss They are power hungry though and the paint faded on them but other than that I have had no trouble with them. It gives them a cool burnt copper color so I would like to find a way to do it to all three.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived