Crossover points

PUNKYOU007

So I am running 10 Beyma 6MI90 6.5" mids. My Head unit is an Eclipse CD7200MKII, which has full active capability.

The Beymas have a freq range of 150Hz-8KHz

My question is where should I set the crossovers on the HU? I was just playing with this setting and it sounds amazing!

M-LPF 8K 12db/oct

M-HPF 200Hz 6db/oct

I am going to run 4 Selenium ST350 Super tweets also but right now I am just trying to get the Beymas set.

I dont know jack about all this 6,12,18 and 24db/oct so I could use some guidance there. Any help would be nice really. What do you guys think?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I found the ST350's sounded best when crossed at 5000hz @12db. Bring your mids down to 5000 too as a starting point, you may find some under/over lap works best tho.

The slope 6db, 12db, etc are how sharp the cutoff will be. The higher the number the sharper the cut.

I would start with 12db on all and go from there.

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

Yeah I talked to Hobby last night, He also suggested 5k. This is what I have them at right now and they sound great.

LPF 5KHz 12db/oct

HPF 160Hz 12db/oct

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Now its time to slap some 8's or 10's in there somewhere :D

And I was just talking with Trippi about that this morning :D I am missing everything between 80Hz-160Hz

d(-__-)b

That's the problem with the high fs PA drivers. When you raise the sensitivity you lose low end response.

If you can do 3-way, look at some of the lower fs higher xmax drivers for the midbass duty. That said you will still need some that are really sensitive too or you wont hear them over the mids & tweets. If you don't want to add more drivers look into some of the B&C & 18sound mids as some options that still get loud and will play low too. There are others, but from personal experience with both of those I can say they work nice and will play low, like 80hz or even 60hz without issue and some EQ help.

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

Now its time to slap some 8's or 10's in there somewhere :D

And I was just talking with Trippi about that this morning :D I am missing everything between 80Hz-160Hz

Of course you were talking to Trippi. He is king of the Beymas now :D 2 10's in a floor console FTW

Archived