Vizio 42"lcd

Maybe i can shed some light on the subject. I work at sams club in the electronics department, and believe me i know vizio all too well.

Lets start by saying vizio is made by sony. I dont wanna down talk the vizio but, its like the cheap knock off version of a sony tv, which isnt that great either. I get Vizio's returned the most frequent out of every tv in the store. Picture quality isnt bad for the price, and the 50" Plasma looks amazing, even compared with even the most top end TV's, i say it actually looks the best, unfortunately its the most returned tv. the 47" Vizio has 1080p, ive yet to see one returned yet, but the 32,36,42's (all the same tv, just different sizes and contrast ratio's) are returned way to frequently.

Your best bet would be to save for a samsung, STAY AWAY from philips, i cant stress this more, my returned TV section looks like a philips graveyard at the moment, so i have nothing good to say about them. But yea, get a Samsung. Excellent picture and the LCD's have a VERY VERY GOOD PICTURE, one to vizio cant compare.

If anybody else has questions about LCD's and Plasma's post!! i hope i can use some of my experience with them to answer some of your questions.

Maybe i can shed some light on the subject. I work at sams club in the electronics department, and believe me i know vizio all too well.

Lets start by saying vizio is made by sony. I dont wanna down talk the vizio but, its like the cheap knock off version of a sony tv, which isnt that great either. I get Vizio's returned the most frequent out of every tv in the store. Picture quality isnt bad for the price, and the 50" Plasma looks amazing, even compared with even the most top end TV's, i say it actually looks the best, unfortunately its the most returned tv. the 47" Vizio has 1080p, ive yet to see one returned yet, but the 32,36,42's (all the same tv, just different sizes and contrast ratio's) are returned way to frequently.

Your best bet would be to save for a samsung, STAY AWAY from philips, i cant stress this more, my returned TV section looks like a philips graveyard at the moment, so i have nothing good to say about them. But yea, get a Samsung. Excellent picture and the LCD's have a VERY VERY GOOD PICTURE, one to vizio cant compare.

If anybody else has questions about LCD's and Plasma's post!! i hope i can use some of my experience with them to answer some of your questions.

I used to work in a repair shop doing appliciances... all I have to say is samsung is a tech's worse nightmare... only get that t.v. if you can buy an extended warranty... Due to it being a pain in the ass to get parts for... WE had a terrible time finding parts for any of there units, even from factory direct... So good luck, my vote goes for the vizio.. never had one come back to our shop for anything major, and if any of them did break it was the actual t.v. hookups (components) had been damaged due to customer abuse.. and of course we saw all the name brands in the store being repaird... but here is a way to look at it.. they have been around longer so of course you are gonna fix more of them... who knows the vizio might be a nightmare to fix.. but at least the parts were there when we needed them... and the customer service might be bad.. but we had an account with them with a tech only code and got perfect help everytime.. of course we paid a good bit every 3 months to renew the account.. :(

vizio is not a subsidary of the sony company whatsoever or made /manufactured by sony corporation. I now work for sony and have access to all Sony made products in our database, and vizio IS NOT a sony subsidaryor company in any way.

for those interested besides me this is Vizios parent company

VIZIO, headquartered in Costa Mesa, California is a leading edge digital technology company. Founded by William Wang, a leader in the computer display industry, VIZIO is bringing vision to the consumer electronics market through practical innovation.

V, Inc.

320A Kalmus Drive

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Phone:714.668.0588

Fax:714.668.9099

Archived