Sonic Electronix

Looking for suggestions for sub/port placement for my 98 S10 extended cab. Will be using a single sa-12 for right now. Amp will be an audiopipe 1500d. Will be running it at a 2 ohm load so 950@2ohm. Looking for something I can beat on, get as low as a single 12 can in this vehicle, but not sound like total shit. Not interested in competing in any way with this. just a daily low end setup.

Few previous installs in this truck

Fi Q 15" sub and port forward

DSCN0406.jpg

Treo SSX Sub forward, port outwards on drivers side

DSCN0414.jpg

Havent been happy with any of these setups so far, should be seeing this sa12 on my doorstep in about a week, so i want to get a box ready for it. If you have experience with the s10s then i'd love to hear what you suggest. Box will be 1.75cu ft tuned at 30hz with 25 sq in of port. just undecided on placement. Sub up is the only option im not going to do. i live in stockton and this truck parks outside lol. Dont want to advertise that much. If you have pics of installs that would be good also. thanks for any help you can give me. just very undecided what i want to do this time.

SMDSIG3.png

not too sure about your setup, but how did you like the sound of the treo ssx?

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

i never ran any 12s in my s-10 but sub up port up or sub up port forward i liked. i had a single ssd 15, sub up port up and liked it

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

SSX was real peaky, could have been the box, i went from what they recommend but just wasnt what i wanted. Wouldnt buy one of those again to be honest. May break it out someday in the future and give it another shot in a different box..may sell it. lol.

Thanks for the response 2000. Just trying to see what has worked for you guys.

SMDSIG3.png

Archived