Ok so yesterday I hooked up my RF T2000bd with 4 gauge (TEMP SETUP) then my friend had an old as Kicker comp to test out the amp. the comp was a single 4 ohm. I had it playing all day then on the way to school. then on my way home the base just stopped. i checked all the fuses there all good. the amp power light comes on and that is the only light on. everything else is ok just NO BASS.

I cant think of anything else to troubleshoot.

if you guys have any idea please let me know.

2000 Grand Marquis

Digital Designs 9512

Rockford T2000bd1

One of the wires going from the amp to the sub may have gotten loose and came off. Just go through all of your wiring to make sure its all good

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Check the fuses. Then check them again. Then check them again.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

they all looked ok but if one was blown wouldnt the amp not trun on?

Errrr... ok you might have caught me there. I had a problem with my Kicker once. It wouldnt turn on. I tried everything and got fed up and put everthing back the way it was. Magically two days later it turned on. Try praying to the amp gods. :lol:

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

the sub could have blown. thats a huge amplifier for a little tiny sub like that. is the sub in a sealed box? because you wont really be able to smell the coil cooking if its sealed. i would try to take the sub out and see if it smells like complete shit (electrical burning smell), or if you're lucky, a wire could have just fallen off the terminal.

i dont think its blown its in a ported box and doesnt smell. we took the sub out and the trminals were still connected.

2000 Grand Marquis

Digital Designs 9512

Rockford T2000bd1

I was thinking about this wire coming out of the terminal. I was actually thinking about that it would be smelly. But then i thought again that he probly would have posted about it smelling

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

If the amp has power then your problem spots are narrowed down to RCA's or the speaker wire to the sub. Do you have a digital multi meter? You can check for RCA voltage and check the ohm reading on the output side of the amp. That will tell you if any wires came loose inside the box.

Big 3 with Yellow Top