Sundown Audio

Kicker DX1000.1 help

lombo352

some kind of grounding problem maybe, I have the same issue, but seriously, who wants to listen to low quality radio now days? you have usb thumb drives, and phones that can stream HQ radio stations :D

yeah i have an old apline head unit and it was fine till now.....when i play cds there is no bass so im stuck with the radio

I have never heard of any of the techniques said on here already ( disconnecting batt for 10 mins, metal box, etc)

My question is what does adding an amp have anything to do with the signal the radio receives?

i have no clue my radio worked fine until i got my amp hooked up...i have a good ground...when i unplug the rca's from the amp the stations come in clear and arent all staticy...i covered the run of rca cable in tin foil and it helped some but its still not fixing it

Well, guess I wont be buying any Kicker DX amps if they backfeed that much RF noise.. holy cow, serious design flaw.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I have never heard of any of the techniques said on here already ( disconnecting batt for 10 mins, metal box, etc)

My question is what does adding an amp have anything to do with the signal the radio receives?

i have no clue my radio worked fine until i got my amp hooked up...i have a good ground...when i unplug the rca's from the amp the stations come in clear and arent all staticy...i covered the run of rca cable in tin foil and it helped some but its still not fixing it

Well, guess I wont be buying any Kicker DX amps if they backfeed that much RF noise.. holy cow, serious design flaw.

the local shop said they wouldnt install them in a truck because of the interference...apparently they work fine in trunks

When class D got big around 2000 this was a huge issue with companies as big as Kicker and Rockford.( We proved this and Kicker and RF confirmed this)

Back then it had to do with the (FM) switching design of the class D amplifier its self and there was no fix with exception of trying something drastic with the antenna.

I thought over 10 years this problem got solved but since you are trying a new type of amp (a small chasis amp) maybe they had to resort back to some of the older technology to make everything fit.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Its not a design flaw, its the way it is unfortunetly.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I emailed Kicker support and he said the excact same thing...told me to check the grounds...but it was unfortunate that it does happen in small applications like mine... but i got to tell ya this amp pounds and it doesnt even get warm and my voltage hardly drops at all... im really happy with this amp... other than the radio not working....

I emailed Kicker support and he said the excact same thing...told me to check the grounds...but it was unfortunate that it does happen in small applications like mine... but i got to tell ya this amp pounds and it doesnt even get warm and my voltage hardly drops at all... im really happy with this amp... other than the radio not working....

You can try moving the amp around until you have less interference but that is about it.

Terryswork001.png

You can try moving the amp around until you have less interference but that is about it.

i got a new head unit and have thousands of mp3's to play so it really isnt a big deal anymore

Archived