wiring 2 4ohm subs to mono block amp best way??

i have a hifonics hfi1000D and 2 polk audio 10s that are 4ohms each. right now i just have one sub to one +/- and the other sub to the other +/-. can i wire my subs in parallel and then to the bridged +/- and get 375 watt rms to each sub? b/c 2 4ohm subs wired in parallel are 2 ohms. and my amp is rated 750watt rms at 2 ohms. then divide by 2 and get 375? is this all correct or am i better off keeping it how it is?

if im thinking correct ow it is now, with 2 4 ohm inputs the subs will be getting 475 watts rms divided by 2. which would be 235 something. is this right?

yes you are correct. it will work

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

awesome thanks! im going to do try it out right now and see what happens. haha

ok this did not work haha. i have it all hooked up right i think. +/+ -/- and the + from one sub and the - from the other sub to the amp. is this correct?

+ to + -to- then +from one sub to + on the amp and - from the same sub to - on the amp

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

i think i tried that but ill do it again to see what happens. thanks

ok yea tht didnt work... it days its a mono block but i have 2 + and 2 - on my amp. which + and - do i use. the manual says the outside ones are bridged....

If it is a true mono block then both sides are the same. They just make it a little more convenient to wire the subs. If that does not work for you then idk what the problem is

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

ok thanks man, i think i am going to try again tomorrow but i will draw up a little diagram of what i did exactly. i just dont understand bc it should be much more power to each sub then it has now, and when i put just one sub to one +/- and the other sub to the other +/- its MUCH louder. huge difference...

Archived