Sonic Electronix

sup guys, im getting pissed, i did a install in a 05 300c with the stock navi, i used a LOC spliced into the rear speakers, 1 15in BL with a lighting audio amp(the good one made by RF), i wired the sub up to 1 ohm and the amp does 1000rms@ 1ohm and lots of people are telling me its underrated so it really does around 1100, but this is the second amp that bugged out?? it keeps blowing fuses as soon as i plug in the + wire, it worked for a day, pounded like crazy, the amp was getting a good 13.8-14v so its getting juice. WHY DO MY AMPS KEEP BURNING UP?? could it be cause of crappy signal from the LOC?? the last amps MOSFETS blew.?????? the gain wasn't even half way up??

please help me guys, need all the help passable

the batt is in the trunk.

does said vehicle have the factory amplified system? boston system?

Where are you grabbing the signal at?

before the amp?

at the factory speaker?

at the factory sub?

What are the wire colors?

Can you see those wires going right to the sub/speaker?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

the wires im splicing into are the rear deck 6X9s, those wires are

Rear Left +: Dark Green/Tan

Rear Left -: Dark Green/Gray

Rear Right +: Dark Green/Brown

Rear Right -: Yellow/Gray

and it has a Boston 6 Speaker Package so its after the stock amp, all the wiring is good, i triple checked everything and i take it back when i said the fuse blew, there all good, the amp just goes into protect.

the wires im splicing into are the rear deck 6X9s, those wires are

Rear Left +: Dark Green/Tan

Rear Left -: Dark Green/Gray

Rear Right +: Dark Green/Brown

Rear Right -: Yellow/Gray

and it has a Boston 6 Speaker Package so its after the stock amp, all the wiring is good, i triple checked everything and i take it back when i said the fuse blew, there all good, the amp just goes into protect.

So no factory sub?

What loc are you using?

what amp?

What woofer and coils?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Its a voltage issue I'm thinking..

Not signal.

So, when you say the gain wasn't half way up.. you do know that is irrelevant right.

what happens when nothing is plugged into the amp except ground, 12+ batt, and rem.?

no rca's and no woofer.

a clipping woofer will blow the fet's in most rf amps.

If I had to guess, you are over driving the woofer, and clipping the amp.

when thee car is started the voltage is around 13.7-14 volts so the voltage is good, when o try power the amp with no sub or rca it just goes into protect? what does it mean when im overdriving the woofer? feeding it too much power? is it possible at all that the rca signal can cause this?

thanks for the help yo

when thee car is started the voltage is around 13.7-14 volts so the voltage is good, when o try power the amp with no sub or rca it just goes into protect? what does it mean when im overdriving the woofer? feeding it too much power? is it possible at all that the rca signal can cause this?

thanks for the help yo

It goes into protect now because its already blown.

overdriving, refers to clipping, not properly adjusting the gains.

Archived