Sonic Electronix

Ok so i dont know shit about ohms and all that stuff, I do however know i like loud music. Any help would be greatly appreciated and i thank you in advance.

So here goes i just got a pair of rockford fosgate p3d412's and i was looking at getting this amp

The subs are wired to 1ohm i think because when i looked in the box it was all looped and what not and theres only one spot on the box to plug the speakers to the amp.

POWER ACOUSTIK OVN1-2000D Gothic Series Class D Mono Amplifier (2,000W)

* 2,000W max

* 1Ω mono stable

* Gunmetal gray anodized finish with chrome accents

* MOSFET power supply transistors

* Pulse width modulation circuitry

* 3-way protection circuitry

* Bridged synchronization

* Low pass & subsonic filters

* 200mV–8V low level inputs

* Preamp outputs

* Dash-mount remote gain control

* Freq resp: 10 Hz–30 kHz

* Signal-to-noise ratio: 98 dB

* Total harmonic distortion: .02%

* 4-gauge power & 8-gauge speaker terminals

* Dim: 3"H x 10.63"W x 10.88"D

* 600W x 1 @ 4Ω

* 900W x 1 @ 2Ω

* 1,200W x 1 @ 1Ω

, I would go with a fosgate amp but its just way out of my price range

So basically will this amp power my subs or will it be too much or too little??

thanks alot

Edited by lucky623

that amp will output about 600 rms at 1 ohm. almost every (if not every) amp power acoustik, pyle, boss etc make, lie about the power ratings.

here is a great amp to go with those p3's

http://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

But will it power those subs? Sorry but i dont know what rms or anything like that is.

your p3's are rated at 500 a piece. that amp can output 600 TOTAL. this isnt a good choice if you plan to power your woofers to their rated handling.

here is an explanation of watts from a thread on here:

Watts

A measurement of power. In speakers, wattage is a term that indicates power-handling characteristics in dealing with electrical voltage inputs from the amplifier. RMS or continuous power handling is the only accurate basis for comparing the capabilities of Drivers. In determining the proper power input for a speaker, use this measure only. So-called Peak Power handling is often only the manufacturers best guess at the power dissipation point, beyond which the unit will fail.

originating thread, GREAT read

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know-about-car-audio/

idk that power acustik might power it pretty nicely. my friend has the gothic 1250watt model with 2 gauge running to it and it slams hard on two 500 watt pioneer 10s

Edited by bass_stalker

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

idk that power acustik might power it pretty nicely. my friend had the gothic 1250 model with 2 gauge running to it and it slams hard on two 500 watt pioneer 10s

how would it power it nicely? MAYBE 600rms on 1000rms worth of woofer...

well not nicely but youll get a good bit of power out of it.

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

okay now that im a little more educated, it will power them just not to their full potential? for their full potential i would need an amp with 1000 rms rating correct?

yes an amp that is "true wattage"

idk that power acustik might power it pretty nicely. my friend had the gothic 1250 model with 2 gauge running to it and it slams hard on two 500 watt pioneer 10s

how would it power it nicely? MAYBE 600rms on 1000rms worth of woofer...

Kranny > bass_stalker

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars