Is stock enough for 1400 rms?

Woah! Yeah, I'm looking at them now. SOB why does car audio have to be such an expensive hobby?

Edit: where are the "OEM" alts? I'm doing all this from my iPhone since I don't have a working computer

sorry just checked the site, they don't have a "oem" series alt for a 04 pilot. cheapest one is the 389 dollar hp series

1997 crown vic police interceptor

headunit: avic x710bt

sub amp: powerbass xta 1500d

sub: fi 15" bl fully loaded

enclosure: 3.5 cubes @ 33hz firing through rear deck

mids/highs: crappy pioneer paper cone 6x9's and stock rears for now

mid/high amp:h/u power FTL

wiring: knuconceptz 1/0 memphis interterconnects

If you go through Advance Auto Parts and get THIS ALTERNATOR, make an online account and use the promo code "BIG30", you'll get $30 off of $136.99 for $106.99. All you have to do is pay the core charge up front i think and once you get the alt and take yours off, just box the old one up and send it back or take it into the store to get your core back. Just a thought.

For anyone else who may be interested, I have used the following codes to order stuff from Advance Auto Parts several times and they always seem to work for me when you order online, whether for delivery or in-store pickup.

BIG30=$30 off of a $ 8O purchase

BIG50=$50 off of a $ 200 purchase

The 12V should be a minimum but actually have a setpoint closer to 14.5~15V and as far as the current rating goes, if it's at all like my Powermaster, the 130A is the approximate median between idle and highway. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it put out 90A~100A at idle and 140A~150A at highway speeds.

The 12V should be a minimum but actually have a setpoint closer to 14.5~15V and as far as the current rating goes, if it's at all like my Powermaster, the 130A is the approximate median between idle and highway. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it put out 90A~100A at idle and 140A~150A at highway speeds.

what? ive never seen a company use an "median" rating. that 130 amps is max output, at 2000rpm engine speed (generally). there is no way to tell of idle output unless you either ask the company and they know, or you buy it and test it yourself. and 12v means it will output about 13-15v, generally 14.4

Archived