Weird check engine light problem

Back with another issue. So I went to a garage to get a code cleared and when they put the obd ii reader on it, the reader was saying it had no power. I had noticed that when he plugged in the sensor, my gauge cluster shut off and when he unplugged it everything went back to normal. I pointed that out so he grabbed another sensor. The sensor was supposed to turn on automatically when plugged in but it didn't. My gauges weren't affected by this sensor. I checked all my fuses and nothing was blown. Any idea why this was doing this? I need to sell my vehicle so the light has to go.

Sorry for any mistakes since I'm at a mcdonalds using wifi on an iPod with a smashed screen. I have to go to work so I won't be able to answer any questions for like 8 or 9 hours.

Thanks in advance guys. I have like 15 minutes before I won't have innanetZ.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

seems to be a problem with their scanners. if one did one thing and the other did another thing.... go to autozone and have them use theres and see if it does the same thing...

seems to be a problem with their scanners. if one did one thing and the other did another thing.... go to autozone and have them use theres and see if it does the same thing...

Well what are the odds of two faulty scanners?

what are the odds of a bad DLC connector... not much...

Tha only time I've had dat happen I pluggd my snap on scanner up 2 a car at wrk n it did dat but it had a blown cig lighter fuse which powers ur DLC I haven heard of dat happenin its either gna b a bad scanner or u got a short circuit or short 2 ground sumwhere I say do wat jam customs said n go 2 autozone n c if ders wrks

Tha only time I've had dat happen I pluggd my snap on scanner up 2 a car at wrk n it did dat but it had a blown cig lighter fuse which powers ur DLC I haven heard of dat happenin its either gna b a bad scanner or u got a short circuit or short 2 ground sumwhere I say do wat jam customs said n go 2 autozone n c if ders wrks

I checked my fuses for all that and they were good so I'll have to have somewhere else try.