ok guys... heres the deal... i'm doing the rebuild on my montero... and i never liked how low my rear sat.... just quite not low enough for me. now, i dont want to do a full notch on the frame (for one, i'm not going for a frame dragger, and i dont want to cut into my floor board)... so i ran across these..

bolt in notch

now, to me, it seems like it could work.... i'm only looking to get another 2-3" of drop... just dont know how much it would affect the integrity of the frame... it wouldnt just be bolted in.... i would of course weld all the seams.... but just thought i would get your opinions

thanks

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18's, walled in a clamshell box

amps: subs- 2 modded AQ 2200's, running 2550 at 1 ohm each

components: (rf p1 8:(midbass), 2 cadence cwm 6.5, memphis pr 6.5 coax)- each door

HU: android galaxy tablet, Kenwood KVT-516

2/0 gauge ran all around

6 optima red tops (will be updated, i get them DIRT cheap)

keeping my fingers crossed for membership into the 160 db club!

MY BUILD LOG

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (SUBSCRIBE!)

• 2 months later...

ok guys... heres the deal... i'm doing the rebuild on my montero... and i never liked how low my rear sat.... just quite not low enough for me. now, i dont want to do a full notch on the frame (for one, i'm not going for a frame dragger, and i dont want to cut into my floor board)... so i ran across these..

bolt in notch

now, to me, it seems like it could work.... i'm only looking to get another 2-3" of drop... just dont know how much it would affect the integrity of the frame... it wouldnt just be bolted in.... i would of course weld all the seams.... but just thought i would get your opinions

thanks

I dont kno shit about monteros, all iv done with them is stereo and alarms. depending on your suspension setup, if your trying to lower it enough to need those notches, you are trying to get pretty low and might as well put a real notch in and go all the way down. regardless, you said thats not what you were going for, so I would keep looking for a big lowering kit that dosnt require that notch and see how you like it. if you get it and its not enough, then think about notches.

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik