welding table + my tables buld log + drill press stand + anything other cool welding projects you have done

uhoh_45

so i'm looking at building a welding table and want some idea's and i have searched online and it has helped but i'm looking for more

see now i've come up a couple idea's already just wondering what yall are doing

both ideas are 41" tall 48 x 48

3"X 3" X 1/4" angle iron

there both basic on casters just the tops and where the top meets the "body" would be different

first one here angle iron facing out making the top super strong

table1.jpg

or second one with angle iron facing in and grill top with a shoot to drop shavings and shit into a scrap bin

table2.jpg

table3.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

what is this "welding table" you speak of? lol j/k That looks like it would be quite nice. When I went to welding school, the best thing about the tables there, was they used really thick steel tops. It kept em sturdy and also didn't have to worry too much about the tops being warped from heat. I think they were 1/2" plate tops.

what is this "welding table" you speak of? lol j/k That looks like it would be quite nice. When I went to welding school, the best thing about the tables there, was they used really thick steel tops. It kept em sturdy and also didn't have to worry too much about the tops being warped from heat. I think they were 1/2" plate tops.

yeah but those tables at your welding school are being used alot with high power welders haha i figured 1/4" - 3/8" would be fine for my application

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i have an old rack that home depot had in a dumpster. i picked it up with my trailer. havent built a table with it yet, however 1/4" should be fine. mine is probably 5' by 7 or 8' but ya everyone who does metal fab stuff needs one.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

I need ot take pics but the legs of mine are 6" square tubing and the top is 1" thick. It literally weighs a ton.. lol

Vote for May SOTM!!!!

uild log---------> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104017-sierra-on-26s-20000-watts-daily-pics/

Kenwood Excelon HU

4 18" Atomic APX

4 RD D9s

4 DC Power 270xp alts

9 xs d1400 batts

Team XSPower

Team SecondSkin

my welding table is like 6ft by 8ft i think, but i gotta hit it with a grinder as my welder dont like the rust thats on it, its a miller dual voltage mig welder, works on 110-220

but it works good, the ones i used when i took welding at collage were a little more beefy than this one but it works

the one i liked was 480v and i could weld sheet metal with it lol

but my welding table is like 1/4'' thick i think but wieghs like 800lbs lol, its a bitch to move so i leave it outside

ima prolly go over there n practice my brazing skills a little bit and might take a few pics of the shop and what knot, not all tools are in it yet tho, still got to move a few things

but ya that table will be good, are u gunna be stick welding or mig, or flux core welding cause depending on ur welding u wont need the trash collection thing unless its a flux core or a stick, but that will work fine

if ur gunna make it high make it a little wide also so it wont be to top heavy and u'll be good

but good sketchup skills on the table, i like it

i need to learn how to use the metal lathe so i can machine my own stuff, i wanna make my own dist blocks but dunno how yet

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I need ot take pics but the legs of mine are 6" square tubing and the top is 1" thick. It literally weighs a ton.. lol

holy hell yeah see i dont need that

on another note does anyone know roughly the weight of a 48x48x.25" plate of steel cost?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

holy hell yeah see i dont need that

on another note does anyone know roughly the weight of a 48x48x.25" plate of steel cost?

i have a nice roll around table that i made out of angle iron and a piece of plate steel, ill take pictures tomorrow but I have had v8 Cat diesel motors on it no sweat, the fucking thing will hold a small car, the wheels are the weak point, and it was SUPER cheap to make. and its got a little wooden shelf on the bottom.

my welding table is like 6ft by 8ft i think, but i gotta hit it with a grinder as my welder dont like the rust thats on it, its a miller dual voltage mig welder, works on 110-220

6x8 is to big for my liking haha

but my welding table is like 1/4'' thick i think but wieghs like 800lbs lol, its a bitch to move so i leave it outside

i plan on using casters with a 2000 lbs rating each so i can wheel it anywhere

ima prolly go over there n practice my brazing skills a little bit and might take a few pics of the shop and what knot, not all tools are in it yet tho, still got to move a few things

yeah i been wanting to learn how to braze i was wanting to braze aluminum the other day but didnt have any oxygen :(

but ya that table will be good, are u gunna be stick welding or mig, or flux core welding cause depending on ur welding u wont need the trash collection thing unless its a flux core or a stick, but that will work fine

i'll be using my lincoln mig 140 welder and decided to go another rout after talking to my brother bout the table (hes a journeyman welder/ b pressure)

183133_10150405861170541_659335540_17417740_763327_n.jpg

if ur gunna make it high make it a little wide also so it wont be to top heavy and u'll be good

i figured i would make the table 48 x 48 x 36" tall final height with casters on so im hoping its not to top heavy

but good sketchup skills on the table, i like it

heres new plan 2x2x1/8" square tube 197512_10150436291990541_659335540_17767057_6299336_n.jpg

you like my sketchups check out this bike i made haha

183351_10150408190705541_659335540_17453342_690203_n.jpg

i need to learn how to use the metal lathe so i can machine my own stuff, i wanna make my own dist blocks but dunno how yet

ah yeah the lathes not bad takes some practice but not to hard to use

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

i have a nice roll around table that i made out of angle iron and a piece of plate steel, ill take pictures tomorrow but I have had v8 Cat diesel motors on it no sweat, the fucking thing will hold a small car, the wheels are the weak point, and it was SUPER cheap to make. and its got a little wooden shelf on the bottom.

i plan on getting these casters

2040288.jpg

6" wheel size

7" overall height

Load capacity: 2,000 lb

Mould-on polyurethane on steel hub

Polyurethane wheels are durable, protect floors and resist oils and chemicals

Use for fixtures, carts, furniture, institutional and medical equipment

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

Archived