Dylank811 Posted March 15, 2011 Report Posted March 15, 2011 I've definitely had amp upgrading on my list for a while now, but I considered just making the next step up instead of getting the P300 mono amp. I noticed P3's are relatively inexpensive, as low as about $135 a piece on ebay. I'd have to find a good deal on a P1000 amp, too. Is this a wise decision? I feel like upgrading from P1's to P3's is going to make my balls finally drop. But there have been some people that say P3's aren't worth it, I should just go for the better stuff. I'm also not opposed to other brands that are out there if they really are better in performance:cost ratio. 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
blownengine Posted March 15, 2011 Report Posted March 15, 2011 Are you asking for other speakers in that price range? The Audioque SD series is pretty cheap. A 12" is $140. And they are rated for 600 watts. It's comparable to the P3 but I would take the AQ any day. I just googled the P1000 and got a price of around $400. You could get the AQ1200D to match the AQ subs. It costs $250 compared to the $400 for the Rockford. 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA Big 3 with Yellow Top 15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)
Dylank811 Posted March 15, 2011 Author Report Posted March 15, 2011 Are you asking for other speakers in that price range? The Audioque SD series is pretty cheap. A 12" is $140. And they are rated for 600 watts. It's comparable to the P3 but I would take the AQ any day. Yeah basically. The other problem I run into is I can't fit anything bigger than two 10's because of my setup. I barely squeezed those in. And my other question was whether or not P3's are worth buying. Or just hold out for something else. Especially the new ones, don't they have paper cones now? My dad would love that...he's a fan of the "warmness" of paper cone speakers. I know this is off topic from my post, but can you really tell a difference with paper subs vs. whatever poly stuff they used previously? I know that plastic speakers tend to produce harsh high frequencies, but with low notes I didn't think it mattered. So that AQ amp is $150 cheaper and is definitely comparable? Wow, that makes RF seem a little overpriced. 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.