Second Skin Audio

can anyone help?

that amp isnt "too strong". its like a 2000rms amplifier and you'll be lucky if you even reach that power output from that amp.

you arent overpowering your woofers. you're clipping them to death, thats why they keep blowing. your amp isnt as strong as you think it is. its all user error.

edit: i dont know where you get the 3000rms rating from the subwoofers. it clearly states 3000 peak (which means nothing) and 1700rms.

i dont even know how you'll wire 2 of the subwoofers to the amp because theyre dual 2 and the amp is 1 ohm stable. you can either wire to .5 or 2 ohms and i sure as shit know that amp wont survive at .5 ohms.

Edited by Kranny

i know the amp isn't pushing what it's rated, i already said that. but if my boost is all the way down, gain at 1/3, how can i be clipping them?

that amp isnt "too strong". its like a 2000rms amplifier and you'll be lucky if you even reach that power output from that amp.

you arent overpowering your woofers. you're clipping them to death, thats why they keep blowing. your amp isnt as strong as you think it is. its all user error.

you clearly aren't reading what i'm writing since i NEVER said the subs were 3000rms. before you try to make me look stupid, read whats written

edit: i dont know where you get the 3000rms rating from the subwoofers. it clearly states 3000 peak (which means nothing) and 1700rms.

i dont even know how you'll wire 2 of the subwoofers to the amp because theyre dual 2 and the amp is 1 ohm stable. you can either wire to .5 or 2 ohms and i sure as shit know that amp wont survive at .5 ohms.

you clearly aren't reading what i'm writing since i NEVER said the subs were 3000rms. before you try to make me look stupid, read whats written

oh really?

they are power acoustik mofo 152X, 3000rms.

what the hell does it say there? dont even try to make ME look like the dumbass, i read it twice over to make sure that what im saying is correct and not falsified.

Edited by Kranny

i know the amp isn't pushing what it's rated, i already said that. but if my boost is all the way down, gain at 1/3, how can i be clipping them?

gain at 1/3 means absolutely nothing. and it could be anything. you playing clipped songs, clipping your headunit by using some setting on it, volume too high, voltage drop leads to clipping as well.