Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Can someone help me with which amp I need?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Which of these two would you recommend to power 2 JL Audio 12W7-3 12" 2000 Watts W7 Single 3 ohms Car Subwoofers?

JL Audio 1000/1 v2 1000W RMS, Slash Version 2 Series Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier (1000/1v2)

JL Audio G-MAX 1200 watts Class D Full-Range Monoblock Subwoofer Car Amplifier (GMAX)

Posted

Out of those two amps, I would highly recommend the 1000/1...the GMAX just wouldnt push those subs very hard. Plus the 1000/1 would handle the ohm load from those subs better. I know theres gonna be some haters saying "JL is crap, etc" but if thats what you wanna run, go for it! Ive ran various JL subs, a few amps, and some of their component speakers and they are great...just pricey. Ive personally ran the original 1000/1 and it was a beast! But VERY expensive. If you need any more help, hit me up n I'll do my best to help ya bro.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 542 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...