my plan is to fill all the screw holes with wood filler then a couple layers of kilz primer and paint. but between all those steps ill be sanding and what not but i need some help from you guys on what grit of sandpaper and what wood filler works well. i want the box to be white as well, so can i just leave the primer or should i paint it too? im not looking for a mirror finish but id like a smooth glossy look. what do you guys recommend?

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I switch between 60 80 and 100 grit papers, and i also use elmers wood filler that works for me and its relativly cheap. Painting MDF is my least favorite thing to do cause it seems like it takes alot of paint, but i still do it anyways. A recommendation of paint i really dont have one since i use Rustoleum Stone Accent Paints and you want just regular paint.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

I switch between 60 80 and 100 grit papers, and i also use elmers wood filler that works for me and its relativly cheap. Painting MDF is my least favorite thing to do cause it seems like it takes alot of paint, but i still do it anyways. A recommendation of paint i really dont have one since i use Rustoleum Stone Accent Paints and you want just regular paint.

thats why i use kilz primer. its latex based so it doesnt soak in as much as normal paint. i used that on my box for my l7s and 2 layers was plenty

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k