Fiberglass help

bernymac

I seen that you guys fiberglass the inside of your box, to make it a little more sturdy.  I also have seen Steve fiberglass the inside corners or edges with fiberglass resin.  What do you guys use is basically my question.  Is it just fiberglass resin, mix the two chemicals together and then apply? Thanks, I know its a simple question I guess but I don't want to mess up and get the wrong stuff.

Also this is a question for Meade, or anyone else who can answer it would be appreciated.  I seen Meade make a custom radio bezel on his Civic.  Did you use bondo? I would like to do the same.  I well appreciate it if someone can answer this, thanks!

yuk.jpg

to make the 45s in the corners of the box, its just resin. mix them, turn the box to make a 45, and pour.

for the bezel, ppl use bondo, duraglass, kitty hair. read the post on his dash for the tahoe and see how he did it. u can also read the post on the civic and see how he made the housing for his switches for his air ride ;)

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Pretty much can I just use bondo? Or do I need some type of base first, like kitty hair then bondo on top? I went to home depot and I saw all these things like fillers and what not, and it just creeped me out. I was stressin out because I didn't know what to get.  Also is elmers fiberglass resin good?

yuk.jpg

ive only used bondo one time. bad experience....... leave it at that. ive heard u can use like duraglass to give it more strength that regular bondo. kitty hair too. its a good filler for bigger holes and what not. whatre u tryin to do in the first place?? ive never used elmers resin though so cant help ya out there.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Well long ago, I did a double din in my 99 Yukon, I cut the din on the radio bezel to make it fit a tv and a cdplayer.  Now I just want to do something where I can put a 10inch tv in there or make it look clean by doing a single din but really smooth. Not sure what exactly yet. I know you have the same car or same radio bezel as me so you might know what im talking about. Im sure you do though. I saw on meades civic build, he used urethane for his double din tv setup? Urethane as in bondo? because me mixed up some black thing with some white thing and it turned out grey, I'm confused. Thanks for your help btw.

yuk.jpg

i forgot what post it was in as to what the urethane was. groundpounder posted up the link for it. its a 2 part and comes in 2 caulkin tubes. i was thinkin about puttin in a tv too but im unsure. lemme search a couple more posts and try find it. if not, hopefully some1 will post it

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived