Sonic Electronix

It could be tricky to get the extra volume in the bed to not be too restricted at the cut through point.

This. I'd not recommend doing a box like that...just too risky depending on how small the cut-through is going to be compared to the normal size of the box.

Yeah I agree with both of you it is risky. The cut through is going to have to be huge to compensate for the short height of the bed. I would be using every inch I can squeeze out of it leaving enough room to glass and attach to the body...

Unless I can spec out a good 4th order BP in {16" X 39" X 60"} which will be tight with the 15.5 dia of the sub. I may be able to shave a bit off by removing the gasket though...and notch out a section in the top and bottom of the box.

I would think that you're probably best off with a bp, the angle probably wouldn't matter really, it should be fine :-)

How big is the hole you are going to cut be? I have a nice idea for how to do the box.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

It could be tricky to get the extra volume in the bed to not be too restricted at the cut through point.

This. I'd not recommend doing a box like that...just too risky depending on how small the cut-through is going to be compared to the normal size of the box.

Yeah I agree with both of you it is risky. The cut through is going to have to be huge to compensate for the short height of the bed. I would be using every inch I can squeeze out of it leaving enough room to glass and attach to the body...

Unless I can spec out a good 4th order BP in {16" X 39" X 60"} which will be tight with the 15.5 dia of the sub. I may be able to shave a bit off by removing the gasket though...and notch out a section in the top and bottom of the box.

I would think that you're probably best off with a bp, the angle probably wouldn't matter really, it should be fine :-)

How big is the hole you are going to cut be? I have a nice idea for how to do the box.

Hole can be as big as it needs to be. Just to guesstimate a max...36" X 14" ...ish

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db