2005 Impala HU install help - chime box needed?

I am working on finishing up a 05 Impala with a aftermarket HU. No onstar, no premium sound etc.

I was told you had to have this $100 harness that preserves the chime ability etc.

But I was able to just run a 12v switch from the accessory line of the fuse box, and I dont have the "chime box" hooked up. The customer did not want it anyway.

Are there any long term effects I should be aware of? I avoided having to charge him for a $100 harness, but I don't want to compromise his HU.

Thanks in advance

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I am working on finishing up a 05 Impala with a aftermarket HU. No onstar, no premium sound etc.

I was told you had to have this $100 harness that preserves the chime ability etc.

But I was able to just run a 12v switch from the accessory line of the fuse box, and I dont have the "chime box" hooked up. The customer did not want it anyway.

Are there any long term effects I should be aware of? I avoided having to charge him for a $100 harness, but I don't want to compromise his HU.

Thanks in advance

lost chime. thats it, those cars run chimes through the radio, aftermarket deck=no chime. Technically may not pass inspection depending on where you live, seatbelt chimes are required in some areas.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Thanks in advance

BS, no need to pay that retarded ass price unless you have OnStar but obviously you don't. Scosche has a GM09SR that has a chime module, costs about $50 from SonicElectronix. You can even adjust the volume of the chime if need be....there's 3 settings, low, medium and high. It won't damage the head unit but some have had issues with the class II databus system with the factory deck take out, myself included. So what I did was bought a BestKits relocation harness for $45 and relocated the factory deck to my glove box, wired my aftermarket deck to that harness and installed it in the factory location. No more databus problems for me!

lost chime. thats it, those cars run chimes through the radio, aftermarket deck=no chime. Technically may not pass inspection depending on where you live, seatbelt chimes are required in some areas.

I have an aftermarket deck and have chime.....well, used to, but since I bought the relocation harness I didn't need the GM09SR anymore.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f