I dont think that GSP would really have to put on that much weight. I'm sure at time of fight hes walking at or around 185 anyways. Like 831arevalo said, Silva would have a big disadvantage to fight a guy like Jon Jones because of weight and height. But, Silva wouldnt shy away from a fight with Jones. GSP from what ive read doesnt really want to see 185. Personally i think hes waiting for Silva to retire to test the 185 waters, at that point he would be pretty good in the division

true that matt14 is exactly what I was thinking of gsp, o feel like he dosent want to fight silva ,saying he has to fight okami first ....

I knew i should have ordered it tonight. I know Jon Jones is a beast. Seeing him and Silva would be great. Rather see silva vs st pierre, to see who the pound for pound champ really is

I agree I would like to see this GSP v Silva fight that's been getting alot of talk and then Jones v Silva. Both amazing fights.......

I don't really want to see GSP vs. Silva, GSP will be at a disadvantage due to having to put on weight to make it happen. Now Silva vs. Jones, I'd pay to see that one.

but jones is bigger than silva ,jones would have an advantage to I thing they should fight in catch weight even though silva has fought in that weight !

So, Silva is bigger than GSP

I dont think that GSP would really have to put on that much weight. I'm sure at time of fight hes walking at or around 185 anyways. Like 831arevalo said, Silva would have a big disadvantage to fight a guy like Jon Jones because of weight and height. But, Silva wouldnt shy away from a fight with Jones. GSP from what ive read doesnt really want to see 185. Personally i think hes waiting for Silva to retire to test the 185 waters, at that point he would be pretty good in the division

So you're saying GSP is scared of Silva? :rofl:

http://www.mmalinker...a-at-185-pounds

It just seems to me that he doesnt want to test the 185 waters. I understand what that he says he cant put on 30lbs in 3 months. But the thing is that he only fights twice a year, not every three months. Dana wouldnt mind if he took some time off to put on some weight for what would be one of the biggest fights ever ( biggest payday to ).

Can you name any fighters, boxing included, who put on 30lbs between fights and were successful? Take your time. Just one would be fine.

I see what you're saying but this isn't a video game, LOL. These guys fight at the weight they do because that's ideal for them, it allows them to perform at their best. If you take a guy who's been fighting at 150 his whole career and then tell him to strap on another 30lbs for his next fight, that's a HUGE burden and that guy is taking a huge risk cause those guys who fight at that weight normally don't walk around that light, they're 15-30lbs heavier so while they may weigh in at 180, come fight night they're more like 185-190. While the 150lb cat is doing all he can just to make 180, it's very likely that he'll be even lighter come fight night. So not only is he carrying alot of extra weight that his body isn't conditioned to carrying, he's also going to be going up against a guy who's way heavier than he's been fighting, and he's giving up weight.....I just don't see how anyone could expect GSP to do all that needs to be done to move up to see Silva or give him shit if he chooses not to take that much of a risk by doing so.

If Silva is such a badass, why aren't you harping for him to move up to light heavyweight like you are for GSP to move up to middleweight? If this GSP vs. Silva fight happens like Silva is demanding (him staying at 185) then GSP loses....If Silva comes down to Welterweight, he loses. If they want to make this fight happen, both will have to compromise and just do it at a catch weight and just for the sake of getting a check and bragging rights. I dunno man, i'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for this to happen. I think there's a better chance of Jon Jones getting a hold of Silva before GSP does. Jones is only 23, i'm sure he'd jump at the chance to move down to fight that cocky son of a bitch.....but he's got to get by Rashad first....I don't see any problems with him doing that.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

true that matt14 is exactly what I was thinking of gsp, o feel like he dosent want to fight silva ,saying he has to fight okami first ....

GSP = 5'11" 170lbs....Silva = 6'2 185lbs....Jones = 6'4" 205lbs.....Silva insists on staying at Middleweight, even after beating everybody there is to beat there. Has no intention of moving up or down. You guys are crying about the big disadvantage he'd be at by moving up to fight Jones but are castrating GSP for not wanting to move weight classes and not admitting that he'd be at the same disadvantage against Silva (weight and height) as Silva would against Jones. You guys are funny.

See the thing is that Silva HAS already moved up to L.W. and did good there. And really, 30lbs for st pierre to fight at Middleweight? I think that G.S.P. is already walking at time of fight at at least 185. I used to be a fan of St pierre until his fights became a wrestling match ( except his last fight with koscheck). I'm intrested in seeing who the best pound for pound fighter is, and with Silva already testing 205 and winning there, i would have to say him. Trust me, i would LOVE to see Silva and Jones go at it, just for me personaly, G.S.P. and Silva would be more intresting since BOTH fighters have wiped out the division. Silva isnt the only one that has no one else to go against. I agree with you, seems a catchweight fight is the only way this is gonna happen. So what weight, 180?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

See the thing is that Silva HAS already moved up to L.W. and did good there. And really, 30lbs for st pierre to fight at Middleweight? I think that G.S.P. is already walking at time of fight at at least 185. I used to be a fan of St pierre until his fights became a wrestling match ( except his last fight with koscheck). I'm intrested in seeing who the best pound for pound fighter is, and with Silva already testing 205 and winning there, i would have to say him. Trust me, i would LOVE to see Silva and Jones go at it, just for me personaly, G.S.P. and Silva would be more intresting since BOTH fighters have wiped out the division. Silva isnt the only one that has no one else to go against. I agree with you, seems a catchweight fight is the only way this is gonna happen. So what weight, 180?

BS, he fought Rich Franklin and Forrest Griffin, hardly anything to brag about. But the fact that he has moved up already makes him seem like more of a bitch for not moving up to see Jones, a fighter who poses more threat in his pinky toe than Franklin and Griffin combined.

When Silva fought Franklin both times, he was at middleweight. In the UFC, he fought Griffen and James Irvin ( both dont have the skill or talent of Jon Jones, but he did move up) But has he or has he not fought at 205? Has G.S.P. EVER fought at 185? Jon Jones has blown up as being a elite fighter over the last year or two. How long has both Silva and G.S.P. been dominating there divisions? You seem kinda hung up on St Pierre staying at 170, and want so bad for Silva to move up, Why? . I understand that Silva is cocky, but you have to admit, he sure does back his shit up doesnt he? I'm saying pound for pound fight would be great to see as a fan of the sport. After St Pierre beats Shield ( should do so ) move up to M.W. and just test the waters. Dont have to fight Silva right away, just try it.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

ZED Levithian 6 channel

matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

When Silva fought Franklin both times, he was at middleweight. In the UFC, he fought Griffen and James Irvin ( both dont have the skill or talent of Jon Jones, but he did move up) But has he or has he not fought at 205? Has G.S.P. EVER fought at 185? Jon Jones has blown up as being a elite fighter over the last year or two. How long has both Silva and G.S.P. been dominating there divisions? You seem kinda hung up on St Pierre staying at 170, and want so bad for Silva to move up, Why? . I understand that Silva is cocky, but you have to admit, he sure does back his shit up doesnt he? I'm saying pound for pound fight would be great to see as a fan of the sport. After St Pierre beats Shield ( should do so ) move up to M.W. and just test the waters. Dont have to fight Silva right away, just try it.

Ok, Griffin and Irvin, both are sloths compared to Silva and he beat them handily. He has fought at 205, against some fighters who weren't on his level, whoopty fuckin' doo. The fact that he has fought at that weight makes him look like a chump if he turns down a chance to take Jones' belt at 205. I'm as hung up on GSP staying where he's at as you guys are about him moving up to fight a world class fighter in Silva. That's one hell of a leap of faith to move up to a class you've never fought at to take on a fighter as good as Silva. You guys are just asking for GSP's head on a platter! At least let him move up and fight a few scrubs like Silva did before he takes on the cream of the crop, unlike Silva did :good:

What do you meen by "unlike Silva did"? He did fight scrubs. And thats what i said, just test 185. So like i said, i agree with YOU that only way either fighter will entertain this fight, as in Silva vs St pierre, is if there is a catchweight. Silva would have to drop to much weight to fight at 170, and st pierre would have to put on to much weight to fight at 185, or at least not cut so much weight.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

ZED Levithian 6 channel

matt142-1-1.jpg

What do you meen by "unlike Silva did"? He did fight scrubs. And thats what i said, just test 185. So like i said, i agree with YOU that only way either fighter will entertain this fight, as in Silva vs St pierre, is if there is a catchweight. Silva would have to drop to much weight to fight at 170, and st pierre would have to put on to much weight to fight at 185, or at least not cut so much weight.

What I meant was when Silva moved up in weight, he didn't fight world class fighters, guys who dominated that weight class for years and outclassed everyone they fought. But you expect GSP to do that? That's suicide. Look at any fighter in boxing or mma, when they move up they aren't fighting the cream of the crop in that class, they fight at least a couple fights up there and then fight "the man". You want GSP to move up to a class he's never fought at and fight the best mma fighter in the fuckin' world, a guy who is 3" taller and at least 20-25lbs heavier, but in the same breath defend Silva against a possible matchup against Jones at 205 by saying he'd be at a disadvantage due to height (2" shorter) and weight (20lbs lighter)??? Does that not seem just a wee bit hypocritical?

Archived