"what everyone said here" +1

Great unit. Had it for about a year now. So has my brother. And my friend got one after he saw mine. Got all three from sonicelectronix.

Alright good to know. Just got to order it and find a place to install it

I'm actually a certified installer and have installed plenty of these. Good unit, but as someone above stated, if you can spare the few extra bucks for the 5902 it's worth it because it's a lot easier to navigate the options and functions with the button layout on the 5902. Biggest con I see on these units is that the shock sensor isn't the greatest because it's built into the brain of the unit. I'd go on ebay or something and get and external sensor for added security.

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Check your PM but sorry to say thats about the going rate. The thing I liked about bestbuy they are DEI "certified" for the install and you get bestbuy warranty for the alarm separate from the one that you get from sonix if you opt for sonix warranty.

The only sensor I added myself was the motion sensor and that add on really makes the alarm shine. People complain but a good trick I have my warn setting all the way up and the alarm trip to go off less than a foot into car. I don't care about bugging anybody it just lets them know the owner of car isn't stupid. At work when people park next to my car and walk to close to my car it does the warn chirp and they don't know about a proximity sensor they hear chirp and think they are getting messed with and start staring around ...Thats a good thing to put that thought into a would be thief.

For the amount you will spend on install do yourself a favor and save money and just get the 5901 in the end the brain is whats doing all the work.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Yeah that sexodsry remote is a bitch. My main was dying one day so I grabbed the backup. Mustve started my csr

5 times that night by accident. I was pissed when I realized what was happening.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Check your PM but sorry to say thats about the going rate. The thing I liked about bestbuy they are DEI "certified" for the install and you get bestbuy warranty for the alarm separate from the one that you get from sonix if you opt for sonix warranty.

The only sensor I added myself was the motion sensor and that add on really makes the alarm shine. People complain but a good trick I have my warn setting all the way up and the alarm trip to go off less than a foot into car. I don't care about bugging anybody it just lets them know the owner of car isn't stupid. At work when people park next to my car and walk to close to my car it does the warn chirp and they don't know about a proximity sensor they hear chirp and think they are getting messed with and start staring around ...Thats a good thing to put that thought into a would be thief.

For the amount you will spend on install do yourself a favor and save money and just get the 5901 in the end the brain is whats doing all the work.

Yeah I might just get it installed at Best Buy for that reason. But was it hard to add that motion sensor? Sounds interesting

easiest connection to make you just need to find the brain and run the line that comes with it to where you want the sensor. I keep the sensor centered in car to cover majority of car. I bought that at amazon here's the link

http://www.amazon.com/Install-Essentials-508D-Disturbance-Sensor/dp/B0009VFOME/ref=pd_cp_e_0_img

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

yup only difference is the remote. You can get the battery backup for in case they wereto pop your hood to disconnect the battery. but I don't know if you have a battery in the trunk but if I disconnect just front battery since the inline fuse is stil in the fuse holder and all the positive wires are in the terminal everything is still getting power including alarm, so only way to turn alarm off is to cut the power wire or take fuse out of inline fuse holder going to battery in the trunk.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

yup only difference is the remote. You can get the battery backup for in case they wereto pop your hood to disconnect the battery. but I don't know if you have a battery in the trunk but if I disconnect just front battery since the inline fuse is stil in the fuse holder and all the positive wires are in the terminal everything is still getting power including alarm, so only way to turn alarm off is to cut the power wire or take fuse out of inline fuse holder going to battery in the trunk.

Oh alright. Going to look into buying the alarm soon. Probably going to go see what Best Buy says about the install.

id get the unit. I paid the exact same price for mine to get it installed so i dont think theres much you can get for a deal with a unit that is so feature rich like this one. The shop i had mine done at wasnt like bestbuy and "dei certified" like a guy above said but they did a perfect job for me. Everything was nice and neat and they took the time to help me understand how everything works on it. The only problem i had with them was that the spare remote i forgot that when i first unboxed the unit at home i setup the remote to automatically lock the buttons to prevent against you accidentally hitting a button in your pocket and they said it was defective because it would get paired but then after a minute stop working because it was locking the keys up. And stupid me forgot about that until i got home that night and fiddled around with programming it and then read the manual (oh the thing you can figure out when you read XD) that i turned on the key lock and sure enough it fixed it. And the other problem i had was that they hooked up my rear defroster but didnt enable the feature but it was no big deal, just went into the programming menu and turned it on for pulsed and presto, it works perfectly.

The shop i had even has a lifetime labor coverage for the install (it would be parts and labor but since i didnt buy the unit at their shop they couldnt do that but oh well DEI gives you a lifetime warranty) either way i have a lifetime warranty for everything so im good :D

Compared to a few other brands out there, i really trust and favor dei. The biggest pain in the ass is the spare remote like rainman mentioned but how many times will you really use that? lol.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived