Sonic Electronix

Yeah... it isn't my configuration of choice, but... if that is what you got, make the best of it... I guess that is where the ghetto part of it comes from...

But, I have seen more ghetto rigs without carpet and spaghetti wiring, at least it is carpeted and clean install... plus, I think being able to play from 8 hz to 80 hz is nice and it does get pretty loud... but I would say Frankenstein is not the normal ghetto rig... a shit load of power...

But, Matt, hopefully on the 3rd you will retract the getting loud statement if I get my 2 alternators in... I think 151.4 on music with severe voltage drop (280 amp alt with almost 1k draw) in a full size suv with the back seat still and no wall is loud...

Who ever said you can't mix subs because it will sound bad and not get loud is a stupid... That's all. :good:

Well... Matt said you won't be as loud... but I see where he is coming from... he means that I could be louder with 4 18's, but he did say something about them not being able to play the same frequency, which is not true, they are playing down to 8 hz, both the 18s and 15's, the tuning is just different...

i only did it cause it was before i had any kind of money. and i had 2 10s and 2 12s laying around. now i dont do it cause i like the look of all the same size.

The reason I did this was because this truck literally sits in front of my shop as a sign and gets driven about 2k miles a year, I just wanted music in it and put what I had laying around in it... But... the haters started telling me it couldnt be done and that I was stupid, well I just kept adding to it...

It is possible and I should be doing at least 152-153 on music (Only listen to decaf, so it is tuned low) when I get my dual alternators in it...

Who ever made up the story about mixing subs is almost as bad as the guy trying to tell me that I should play Pink noise to break in my subs and tweeters... :lol:

You should always break in your tweeters with 20hz tonez... LOL! Wait... you are mixing subs and tweeters in the same vehicle??? Are you stupid??? LOL!

plus... if you use pre broke in tweeters, you wont need to break them in... I have some blown, I mean pre broke in, tweeters I will sell you...

also Joe, if you take and stick your subs under your break pedal, with a 2x4 in between the sub and pedal so you don't damage the dust cap, you can break them in every time you stop your truck... Unless you don't plan on stopping that much...

That just gave me an AWESOME IDEA FOR A DEMO!!!

Tape one end of a "Slinky" to a sub!!!

Sorry about the thread jack, OP... We just love threads like this! :santa:

Archived